cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HDMI connection from ipad

I want to buy a portable mini projector so that I can use my iPad Air 2 to project NowTV completely wirelessly in my garden. However when trying out whether nowTV will work through a HDMI cable from my iPad, by connecting it to my TV, it says HDMI not supported and the audio will connect but not the video. Anyone got any thoughts on how I can get this to work without buying an expensive projector that directly supports the nowTV app? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User as I understand it (and someone can feel free to correct me) you cannot connect a tablet or phone with an hdmi (screen mirroring) as it prevents people from illegally distributing NowTV content (without some extremely expensive equipment).

One option I can see, but you may want to research more, is to connect a Chromecast to the projector and cast the app from your tablet. Some portable projectors will even allow a direct connection from a Roku stick so you can literally turn a projector into a smart TV and you'll find NowTV available on the Roku devices.

The link article below is a year old but may give you a starting point on what projector to purchase.

https://www.androidauthority.com/best-portable-projectors-640909/

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I recently tried to do the same. Also happens when trying to watch via the Android app on on a projector. Protected content is blocked. I am yet to try the Chromecast thing though (on order). However, another annoyance is that if I connect my iPad to my router via ethernet cable using a lighting adapter in order to avoid WiFi interference, Now thinks I'm trying to connect via HDMI and stops working. This is very unintelligent.