cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Glitches with iPhone 6 streaming

I have been unable to use nowtv on my iPhone 6 for nearly a month now - around 10 minutes in to any programme or movie, the feed cuts out and I receive an error message saying wifi is not available, even though my wifi signal is at 100%. On restarting the programme, the "watch from" point is lost and I have to start from the beginning again and guesstimate the precise time where I left off.

I am able to use Netflix in the same spot on the same device with the same wifi signal, so I know it's not a connection issue. I also can use now tv without issue on my old android phone. I have deleted and reinstalled the app and the issue still remains.

Please can you advise how to address this issue, or else provide me with a refund for the month I have been paying for a service I have been unable to use?

Kind regards,
LTC
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having same problem here. It seems the nowtv app is too sensitive and quick to flag the wifi issue and stop streaming. After all, if I immediately restart the stream it usually works although recently the app does not seem in this situation able to remember the position within the stream and I have to manually seek the correct reply spot.

Bottom line, the app needs to be a bit smarter before unnecessarily declaring wifi as unavailable and causing disruption to the user.

I'm a bit concerned that this annoying issue was reported here in January and the nowtv team did nothing so far to improve the app, with the same issue happening regularly to me, for example.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear this, I will send you an email regarding your query soon.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have this problem, I can stream other TV services with no problem, this issue makes watching on my iPhone impossible. It tells me I have no wifi many times during an episode and restarts the episode each time.

Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting, the no wireless option message would come across when the Internet speed is dipping low our recommend 2.5mpbs. If there's no wi-fi available the connection may not be strong. I can appreciate that other services may be working. Can you try rebooting your router and make sure no other device is using the wi-fi when viewing.

Can you also try deleting the app and then re-installing please.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having same problem here. It seems the nowtv app is too sensitive and quick to flag the wifi issue and stop streaming. After all, if I immediately restart the stream it usually works although recently the app does not seem in this situation able to remember the position within the stream and I have to manually seek the correct reply spot.

Bottom line, the app needs to be a bit smarter before unnecessarily declaring wifi as unavailable and causing disruption to the user.

I'm a bit concerned that this annoying issue was reported here in January and the nowtv team did nothing so far to improve the app, with the same issue happening regularly to me, for example.