cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error message when trying to use app on phone

I keep getting an error message that tells me ‘now tv is only available in the UK and ROl, unfortunately we cannot confirm that you are within these territories at the moment. Please try again later’

ive been waiting a few days now and it’s still not realised that I am in the UK. 

Is is there something I can do to resolve the problem other than wait? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you using a VPN on your Router and if so try disabling it to see if NowTV works.

If you are not using a VPN, then you could try switching the power off to your Router for about 30 minutes to let your Router acquire automatically a New IP address which will hopefully then let you watch NowTV without showing the message on your devices.

Edit - Forgot to ask are you using NowTV on any other device apart from your phone and if so are you getting a similar message ?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you been abroad for a few weeks recently ?

Where NowTV are aware that some customers are having problems when watching NowTV once back in the country.

Apparently they are working on a fix.

The workaround is to go to your NowTV account and re-enter your bank card details again.

There is more information here.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-now-tv-abroad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I haven’t been abroad recently, I took out my subscription on the 28th of July so have only just put those details in. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you using a VPN on your Router and if so try disabling it to see if NowTV works.

If you are not using a VPN, then you could try switching the power off to your Router for about 30 minutes to let your Router acquire automatically a New IP address which will hopefully then let you watch NowTV without showing the message on your devices.

Edit - Forgot to ask are you using NowTV on any other device apart from your phone and if so are you getting a similar message ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Solved thank you!! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

How did you fix it ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had VPN turned on, had to turn it off on my antivirus software