cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error google chromecast

Hi good evening everyone , from couple of weeks now , I‘M having problems to watch from the  phone app to my tv with google chromecast.

when I open the app and press the “screen” to start the casting is fine and it says ready to cast but as soon as I try to select the program that I want to watch on tv it says error and I can’t watching and to get help if the problem persist, thanks everyone in advance for your help

6 REPLIES 6
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User daft question. What happens if you start the chosen channel first and while it's playing on your phone then press the icon to cast?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Tried couple of times , still saying the same , “viewing stopped, something’s gone wrong , if the problem persists contact online support team “ wich trough the chat bot is difficult to get specific answers
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User I'd suggest disconnecting the Chromecast from the power for a minute and then power it up again.

If the problem persists, uninstall the app and then reinstall it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue. When about to commence casting the spinning coloured bobbles appear on the screen for a second, the screen returns to the Now TV advertising page on Chromecast with the message "Ready to Cast" appearing on the top LHS of the screen. I have tried 3 different Chromecast devices and the result is the same with all 3.

I'm using an iPhone XS Max & Virgin Wireless router. Is suspect an update to the Now TV app may be the issue here as it worked historically with the same set up. The only variable that's changed is an update to the Now TV App. All other services (You Tube, Netflix etc...) cast with no issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same even if I disintall the app and disconnect the chromecast,

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue. The iOS now tv app no longer works with Chromecast. No combination of deleting and reinstalling anything makes any difference. Given that I only use now tv with Chromecast may as well cancel my subscription.