cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hammer69
Mentor

Error code 20001

Hi,I'm running now TV on a Galaxy Tab4 was working fine up until around 48 hrs ago,now constantly getting error code 20001 and won't run at all,I have messaged support and am assured they are working on it as quickly as possible .I have uninstalled the app numerous times and reset my internet as well.All with no joy was wondering if anybody has experienced it,and knows how to fix.

Many thanks 

21 REPLIES 21
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Hammer69 

A few people have reported this error code using the NOW App on Android tablets and phones.

I am getting this error code on an Amazon Fire Tablet, but because it's an older tablet that doesn't comply with the official NOW supported Amazon Fire tablet 2019 onwards this could be the reason for me.

On my Amazon Fire tablet I couldn't find anywhere on it in Settings for App Accounts (not the physical App itself).

You could try these instructions below which I received today from a NOW Staff Member.

I have no idea if they will work for you.

Instructions:-

On your Android device navigate to settings>Accounts & Backup>Manage Accounts

You will be presented with a list of account details that your Android device has stored. Could you remove any entries that you have for NOW. Once this is done could you delete the App and Re-install.

On my Samsung Tab6 which is running fine with the NOW App the Settings to find the NOW App account details is under "Cloud and Accounts" where you should see the NOW App Account to remove, before you then proceed to remove the actual NOW App and reinstall it again from the Google Play Store.

Post back if it works or not.

Hammer69
Mentor

Many Thanks for getting back to me ,I tried this but sadly it didn't work.

Really appreciate the feedback cheers 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Hammer69 

It was worth a try.

Suggest you un-accept my marked post solution, because it didn't resolve it for you.

@Pete-N (NOW Staff Member) here's some feedback from your recent instructions you sent me.

Unfortunately it didn't work for @Hammer69 😢.

Dave-the-wave
Advocate

I've just had this error and surprisingly restarting my mobile has fixed it. I had tried clearing the App's memory without success.  

Hammer69
Mentor

Sadly all of your helpful suggestions have not worked at all.

😢

Mark
Advocate

@Dave-the-waveThis also fixed it for me on my Android running v9.  I did clear the applications Cache & Data (not account settings) before reboot, not sure if the combination of all three things did it.

Hammer69
Mentor

Thank you for all your great suggestions,despite all my best efforts none of these solutions has worked for me .

But many thanks for replying.👍

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

There is a new NOW App version 38.0.0 on Google Play Store.

Might be worth trying.

It didn't work for me on my Amazon Fire Tablet, but my Fire Tablet is an older generation that is not on the official NOW supported device list.

Airotsa06
Advocate

Same problem - tried every solution posted on the forum - all/any help appreciated. Android 5.1/13.0 latest app version, cache cleared, etc. etc. Thanks