cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error chromecasting from iPhone 13 to Nvidia Shield

Hi, any ideas on how to fix the below error when trying to chromecast from my iPhone 13 to my Nvidia Shield?  I’ve stopped, cleared cache, and restarted the chromecast app on the Shield, which was an issue previously for the BT Sport app, but still get an error on the NowTV app.

The error is:

Viewing Stopped

Something's gone wrong. If the problem persists, contact Online Support Team.

7 REPLIES 7
redchiz1
Champion 2

It is not a supported device. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What isn’t, iPhone or the Shield?  I saw the Shield isn’t supported for the Now App, but that Chromecast worked - well apparantly.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried unplugging the Shield and your router for a few minutes?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I have a feeling that what you need to do is find the audio setting for chromecast in the now app and make sure it's set to stereo not surroundsound. For a long time now devices with chrome cast built-in have had issues with 5.1 audio when casting

See the topic below

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/App-for-Nvidia-Shield-TV/m-p/565114/highlight/true#M14584 

Hope this helps 😀

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks everyone, I’ll try those ideas.  I have also just  bought a Roku stick just for Now TV!

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User The Shield is not supported, only standalone Chromecast devices are. I know ....

You should e fine with a Roku. 

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@redchiz1 wrote:

@Anonymous User The Shield is not supported, only standalone Chromecast devices are. I know ....

You should e fine with a Roku. 

That's the official stance @redchiz1  but chromecast built-in devices are one of those very rare situations where the unofficial is somewhat different to the official

What I suggested above does work that android devices, although the situation may be a little different when you're using iPhone. So it's possible the advice I gave @Anonymous User might not work, but it's worth a try and if it works it'll be a good workaround until your Roku arrives @Anonymous User 

As long as the chromecast audio setting is set to stereo on the now app I can cast to my Humax Aura using my android phone or tablet . I even get subtitles to.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.