cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error 9

I have a Samsung s7 and when I load into account and play anything I get contact support error 9. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app with no luck. 

126 REPLIES 126
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi every time I go to play now tv app on my new Samsung galaxy s8. It's says "something went wrong if problem persists contact online support. Error:9" this is on mobile data on my phone. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall app but makes no difference. my account works at home on my now tv box over WiFi. Could anyo e please help?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

As you can see your new topic has been merged into this existing 'Error 9' topic. Which might contain the answers you're looking for...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was trying to run Now TV on a MyGica ATV1200 I had lying about.

But I get nothing but "Error:9" on playback.

It's a custom version of 'Droid 4.1 firmware it runs. And I suspect they are factory rooted. It also, being an STB, requires HDMI out to view it.

The 'Droid version is OK. As it installs.

But I can't play back anything.

So what's the issue here.

HDMI? If so, thats plain stupid as you allow casting.

Rooting? Why do you block rooted devices? Why do you care if I root my device or not? (Or if it's factory rooted for that matter) That's my choice. And not something you should be restricting on. Everything else (that I use it for) works fine on it. Just Now TV that has problems.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did all things mentioned. Then did clear data from app in android settings.
Signed in to app and it asked a new question of "really need phone call permission, please allow". Said yes to this, even though permission was already allowed and then fixed. Video playback.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please please PLEASE.. can someone tell me how to fix this error 9 issue I'm having for my phone. When I open the app and try to play anything that's all I get. I've followed the same instructions over and over again at the cost of countless hours only for Nowtv agents to come back with "you don't have a supported device" and "your device is routed" .. I doubt very much that an S8+ isn't supported and Samsung have proven my device isn't routed. I'm seriously fed up of the help desk now so I come here. If anyone else has a similar issue or has fixed a similar android issue can you advise me please?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still getting the error 9 message every time Android updates. Running android 8 on Pixel phone. It's about time this was sorted out as Netflix, Amazon and the other streaming services don't seem to have this issue. No one commenting in this thread are abroad so what's going on?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

FYI. The comment above does tend to work.