cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error 9

I have a Samsung s7 and when I load into account and play anything I get contact support error 9. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app with no luck. 

126 REPLIES 126
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User 

I have a feeling that one can't project NOWTV from a tablet to a TV, via hdmi, due to licencing restrictions.

Not tried it myself as I use a Roku

Yep says so in the T&C.... Mirror mode, Air play. mircast, HDMI out, not supported...

but for a £10-£30 fee that does not matter due to the now TV box and chromecast usage. (no wires) ...

BskyB said the same but then Android apps can be side loaded onto android HDTV boxes... And it works for now with mouse usage as well...

NowTV running on Android via HDMI

[video]

Skygo running on android Via HDMI

[video]

Windows 8-10 has Realy heavy HDMI protection so can't be recorded... yet...

but it runs over HDMI...

BskyB and NowTV are working to allow HDMI usage but the DRM on Phones/tablets remains due to how easy it is on android to By pass HDCP on HDMI out... As the recordings above show....   

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got around HDMI HDCP on streaming content finaly...

SkyGO on Android RECORDING of HDMI out with Streaming content including SkyGo Adverts...

[video]

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have a read of this linked thread below, there might be some information that can help you ?

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Android/Error-9-on-Samsung-Galaxy-Edge-S7/m-p/377362/highlight/true#M3555

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply I have seen that thread and my phone hasn't rooted or altered in anyway. My account works on other devices and up until today worked on this phone.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  when did you last update the app?

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm getting the same error code 9 message. 

It's a new LG G5. Android 6.0.1. 

I've reinstalled twice and rebooted inbetween installs. 

I've been out of the country. It persists on WiFi and 4g. It does not affect other devices. 

Any clues?!

Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You mention that you have been outside the country.

Are you still abroad, because the NowTV service only works whilst in the UK.

If you are back in the UK check the settings on your phone are setup again for the UK.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User did you buy your phone overseas? That can mean it doesn't work.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, no I am back until UK. The phone was bought from Amazon UK (not amazon marketplace) just before I travelled  (another thread seemed to suggest travelling overseas may affect the usability, but failed to mention how or why).  I've never used the phone for now tv. Settings are set for normal UK use. Netflix works fine, Deezer works fine, BBC iPlayer works fine.  

The tablet I'm using was used abroad.  And works fine here. 

I've tried all the fixes for the LG G5 and nothing seems to do it. I was in a web chat with now tv on Friday and they said they would email a solution but I'm still waiting.