cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

(Error:0x29) when using wifi only,on my Android phone

If I try to watch NowTV through my HTC phone it works just fine if I use my phone's data but if I try it while the phone is connected to the house wifi I get a message saying,

"Somethiing's not right. Give it a moment, or check nowtv.com/status for updates (Error:0x29)".

How can I resolve this?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

After doing some testing, trying different things out, I noticed that if I begin Chromecast by clicking on the icon in the top right corner of the NOWTV app on my phone display, then connect it to my Sony TV and THEN play the show I would like to watch, that I don't get the (Error:0x29) and the show plays on my TV. (This is of course while using wifi.) By the way, using Chromecast actually uses up one of your 4 devices and your phone uses another.

However, if I want to just watch it on my phone while using the wifi then the error still appears. There is no such problem if I use 4G.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been using the Now TV android app for over a year on a Galaxy Tab with no problems.

Today it's decided to no longer work!! Error 0x29. I'm in the UK have the most recent app from Google Play have not added any new apps. Have uninstalled reinstalled the app and rebooted both cable modem and router. 

Not impressed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Until recently i have been using the Now Tv Android app on my chromebook with no problem. however, for the las t 2 days i ave been unable to watch anything, I'm just getting "Someting's Not right. Give it moment Error 0x29" .

What's wrong?

Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User that code is normally related to pairing. However the Android app is designed to work on tablets and phones not laptops
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks, but what do you mean by pairing? As I said worked fine up until now, I'm not sure how the device type would affect it. A touch screen android device is a touch screen android device isn't it? It shows as a tablet in my play store account.

Thanks for responding.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User but a Chromebook isn't an Android device. NOW TV use a number of security checks to ensure that their content is protected, any of which could have failed on your Chromebook.