cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Revatron
Advocate

Downloads only in low quality

I’ve had this issue since version 33. now we are in version 34. It’s still happening when I download any shows it downloads in ‘low’ quality regardless that my setting is on ‘standard’ quality 40 minute shows are using about 350 MB when they used to be around 700. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling this doesn’t work. I have tried changing the setting to low and then back to standard. This doesn’t work doesn’t matter what my settings are it’s still downloads, low quality grainy videos, I have tried contacting now support they keep telling me it’s a Settings issue when it’s not. They tell me I need to change the settings in my iPad settings for a video call EE but the settings don’t exist. The last time I tried to contact them I got cut off after about 30 minutes online chat trying to solve the issue and I can’t go through all of the troubleshooting again because it is a waste of time. To be clear I am not talking about downloading in HD or 1080 just ‘standard’ quality. Is anyone else having this issue. iPad 8 running latest iOS. 

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Revatron 

If this is over WiFi, have you by any chance got Low Data mode turned on?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Revatron
Advocate

Hi. No not a Wi-Fi/data issue. Using non-cellular iPad. Have tried home network (35mbps), work Wi-Fi and 4G. Same issue with multiple modern/currently released shows. 

Revatron
Advocate

Anyone from Now have any ideas? Was supposed to be contacted when I raised the issue but not heard a thing from them. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Revatron 

No-one from NOW on this thread, your best to chase staff up again using the original method you got in touch.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help