cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Downloaded content required internet connection!

Anyone else experience that downloaded content requires an internet connection? WHY?

I have used a crazy amount of data in a week and finally sussed it out! If I put the decide into flight mode I cannot watch downloaded content as requires an internet connection...

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

NowTV needs to check that you are (still) entitled to watch the download.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes have found downloaded content needs a Internet Connection on my Android Tablet (which seems to partly defeat the point of downloads). Also found it does not seem to log in on some wi-fi connections (e.g National Express coach (National Express do have some Now Tv content on their coaches but its limited)).

So if you are somewhere without a Wi-Fi connection (e.g a aircraft or no connectable wi-fi hotspot nearby) you wont be able to watch your download. Can watch Google Play content without a wi-fi connection and you can watch Prime downloads without a wi-fi connection so why cant Now TV do this . I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to store any information details necessary on the Tablet (e.g when download expires, whether you have a valid pass for the download and any other information necessary. Also prefer not to use 4G to connect as other apps can start downloading as well when you connect to the Internet.