cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Craig_82
Scholar 2

Download shows for offline but need online

Testing to download shows for offline viewing.

Show downloaded ready.

Close app, switch off WiFi,  load up app and cannot open as needs to online to connect first, making it well useless for offline viewing, as whole point for offline viewing is to view when no wifi.

Is there a way around it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Craig_82 

Just switched off the wifi on my Android tablet and when I open the NOW App I get this message when no internet, but it does seem to give me the option to go to the Downloads section by clicking on the green "Go to Downloads" button (but I haven't downloaded any NOW content to test).

Do you get the same screen shot below on your Android mobile device ? 

And also you didn't sign out of the NOW App with your account login details before closing the App otherwise all downloads will be lost.

Screenshot_20230512-161358_NOW.jpg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Craig_82 

I have never really tested the download feature myself and watched offline.

Where I am assuming once you have downloaded content onto your Android tablet or Android phone you have stayed logged in on the NOW App (otherwise you will lose the downloads) but can close the App without signing out.

Then when offline, click on the NOW App and I assume the App opens on the Android Mobile device whilst offline, then if the App opens from the home screen page without wifi click on the download icon symbol bottom right corner of screen to gain access to your NOW download content.

Or perhaps you pick up the NOW download files directly from Downloads in the Android Settings itself.

Like I said I have never tried it, hopefully somebody who has will tell you how.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Craig_82 

Just switched off the wifi on my Android tablet and when I open the NOW App I get this message when no internet, but it does seem to give me the option to go to the Downloads section by clicking on the green "Go to Downloads" button (but I haven't downloaded any NOW content to test).

Do you get the same screen shot below on your Android mobile device ? 

And also you didn't sign out of the NOW App with your account login details before closing the App otherwise all downloads will be lost.

Screenshot_20230512-161358_NOW.jpg

Craig_82
Scholar 2

Hi, so I have solved the issue and now get the above which is great - the issue was I powered off the device - so looks like it had signed me out.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Craig_82 

That's weird, where if i power off my Android Tablet or Android phone (which I do every night) it still keeps me signed into the NOW App with my NOW login credentials once I power it up again the next day.

Where normally I prefer to be kept logged in and the only time I need to sign back into the App is if I have done a NOW App update from the Google Play Store or if for some reason I decide to log out which is extremely rare for me.

Anyway glad you got around it, but just remember if you sign out of the App you will delete all your saved downloads on your mobile Android device that they was on and will need to start all over again.

I am guessing you have read this NOW article about downloads in the link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/having-problems-downloading-shows 

Craig_82
Scholar 2

Hmm, will look into this to keep me signed in.

Yes read the links, thank you 🙂