cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Download issue (Insufficient Device Storage)

Hi,

I know the storage is not the issue, I have an iPhone X with 256GB.

I downloaded one film, but not a second one.

Thank you,

Tudes

13 REPLIES 13
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User How much of that 256GB is free space? Prior experience suggests that you need at least 4GB per hour, HD movies might need more. So for a two hour movie you’d need at least 8GB of free space, plus possibly an extra 4 - 8 GB for temporary storage while the film is downloading. So, if you add a fudge factor to that, do you have at least 20GB of free space?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Mark_Weinreb ,

Thanks for replying, I am adding some screenshots.

Additional details:

- I bought a £1 for two months

- my battery was at 10%

I will try again when it's on the green color.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tsWEzR3jwhJ4wLvpO3SYLN-JrzFmvuSe

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15Qc1fvUbaAbUDf-AynieOKykXXkskyWE

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue...128GB phone and of it hadn’t had enough empty space I wouldn’t be asking this question as well. 
105GB free...and trying to download a standard version of just one movie of around 1.5hrs long. 
None of what I read explains my issue so far, which is annoying, considering this is a paid for service. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

CA59E64B-34AD-427D-A6FA-0F019D2743F5.png

FE695A49-C3D4-4D1F-AEC7-7579445C7213.jpeg

Same issue here - 180GB free on my 256GB iPhone 11 Pro, but Now TV stops me downloading more TV shows as it says the device is full.  It worked OK for 4 TV episodes - is there a limit on getting 5 perhaps?

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User daft question, but if you go to app permissions>download destination (sorry I own an Android device so not sure if it's the same) are the downloads set to save to iCloud or the device. Some apps are automatically set to iCloud so you run out of virtual storage pretty quickly.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not a daft question - thanks for your input.  However, I’m pretty sure that it is downloading on-device rather than to iCloud because I can see that it is already storing 3.14GB on-device (due to the 4 episodes I already have).  Also I have the 2TB iCloud plan with lots of space.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User it seems there's a long running thread (actually there's hundreds of threads) on the Apple community in regards to that error message. 

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250750611?answerId=251519508022&page=3

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, but that doesn’t seem to be closely related to my issue. Furthermore there are no issues downloading episodes on other apps, e.g. BBC iPlayer, so it’s suggestive that the fault is with the NowTV app rather than an iOS-wide issue

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User I picked that thread as it was the first match on Google. Like I said, there's lots of threads related to back up, downloading games, downloading music etc. The one common feature is that single message and the fact users say they have space on their device and iCloud.

On this community, other than this thread, there is only one other with a single comment mentioning the same so if it was an app wide error I'd expect more reports.

Maybe one of the regular community users has an Apple device and can do a test and see if the problem is replicated for them. @gavs82008 I think uses an iPhone.

Testing my android device, there is no limit on the number of episodes you can download (currently on the 6th) so I wouldn't expect the iOS version to.

Screenshot_20201029-125806.jpg