cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Crashing on iOS 14

I have recently bought the sky sports mobile pass now that the premier league has restarted and because it’s the mobile pass I can only watch on my iPhone 11 Pro Max and after updating it to iOS 14 it crashes instantly on opening the app so I was wondering when it would get a fix or if I could get an upgrade on my pass so I could watch on another device until the crashing is fixed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User To add to @nowswaish‘s reply, as you’re running a beta version of ios, apple would have given you the means to report problems. It is best that you use this to report app problems direct to Apple. Either that, or reinstall ios13.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
nowswaish
Scholar 3

I doubt iOS14 will be supported until it becomes released to the public in the Autumn. 

Development for it by NowTV will be carried out and tested internally and through selected users who have signed up to undertake trials. 

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User To add to @nowswaish‘s reply, as you’re running a beta version of ios, apple would have given you the means to report problems. It is best that you use this to report app problems direct to Apple. Either that, or reinstall ios13.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

First of all there’s nothing in the terms and conditions to exclude publicly accessible new or beta releases of operating systems for supported devices.

I’ve been running iOS 14 since the WWDC keynote and this is the breakdown of apps in the same category as Now TV:

• BBC iPlayer - Works (inc. iPhone PiP)
  • All4 - Works (+PiP)
  • YouTube - Works
  • Twitch - Works (+PiP)
  • Netflix - Works (+PiP)
  • Amazon Prime - Works (+PiP)
  • BT Sport - Works (+PiP)
  • NowTV - Crashes on launch
  • Sky Go - Crashes on launch
  • F1 TV - Works

Now TV has consistently (along with Sky Go - presumably same org in Sky), on all platforms, been the app and service with the worst maintained experience. On Apple TV the interface is over 5 years out of date just lifted and shifted from the previous iteration of the hardware. This will not be a case of Apple shipping a broken Operating System but rather Now TV’s application being poorly built such that it’s fragile to the point of failing to even launch with the new version of iOS.

This should be resolved now that iOS 14 is in public beta. If literally every other video streaming platform can continue to work on iOS 14 with no additional effort, there’s no reason why Now TV shouldn’t work, unless Sky are doing some roundabout or tricksy things to circumvent restrictions imposed by Apple through the public SDKs.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Completely agree!

add the sky sports app to the list of not working.

Being given the excuse of it being in beta is a weak one,

1) its a public beta, anyone can use it

2) its ios... i could probably predict now when ios15 beta will be out now its that much like clockwork! So they should of been prepared for this.

just feels like they dont care.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here no luck with iOS 14 on iPad and iPhone. The only other app that crashes on me was Rakuten streaming and was fix within weeks. Now on public beta 4 and still crashing, reported via beta feedback.

tried to join the beta testingNowTV app but had no response from them. Waste of subscription 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Sky go has released an update and no longer crashes upon launch.

Hopefully a similar update for Now TV is released soon. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Spoiler

New update released 18hrs ago - works fine on iOS (iPhone) 14 Public Beta 4 - well doesn’t crash at start, not watched anything yet. Assume same for iPadOS but not tried yet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep, that’s working for me now with the Sports Pass on iPhone, excellent news, even if it took a short while.

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

Let’s hope that the next public beta, if there is one, doesn’t break the app again.