cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast stream disconnecting during adverts...

Hi all,

I'm attempting to stream Sky Sports via Now Tv App on iPad/Chromecast. During every advert break, the rotating logo appears, then the stream stops and the 'Ready to cast' screen is shown. I then have to select and start the stream again.

It's very annoying. I've tried restarting everything - router, chromecast, ipad, app etc., checked all connections (not that I've changed any) to no avail. The same thing happens on all three Chromecasts in my house, connected to various TV's.

Any ideas on how to resolve this problem, or is an update to the app going to be rolled out soon?

Rgds.

102 REPLIES 102
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Only just added Chromecast as a device and am experiencing this same issue.

Can the community staff advise when it is expected to be resolved  please.

Anon7
Advocate

Been having this issue for a while. Pretty poor this from sky/nowtv - please advise when it will be addressed and what you are offering in compensation.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dis-appointed this highly annoying issue is still unresolved after all this time - how many more complaints do there need to be to get some action?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can add me to the list too.  I'm having the same issue while streaming sky one.  Interestingly, it seems from this thread that the problem has been going on for weeks now, but it has only affected me for a week or so.  Around the same time that I added Sky Sports pass to the subscription. Seems like the fix is simple then - I'll cancel the sports pass if this continues to be an ignored issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another one to add to the list, I wonder if there is a body representing the advertisers we could contact, Im sure they are paying a lot of money for adverts which are not being delivered because of this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem, been on going for weeks. Having to avoid any program build up because of how annoying this is!! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can also confirm that this issue still hasn’t been resolved. This thread was created on 6th October, so this problem has been present for well over a month now. Pretty disappointing that we always seem to be at the bottom of Sky’s list of priorities. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Add me to e list. I started the Sports monthly pass to watch the international rugby and F1. I've already cancelled duefut payments as it is so annoying. If I've cast from my phone and leave the room my wife gets lumped with the holding/cast screen and I get shouted at!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another unhappy customer here

swansearob
Scholar

same here, freezes going into the adverts, get it going by stopping and starting it again only for it to freeze again as the adverts finish into a channel promo.

One note I had no issues watching Fox earlier in the week, but it happens evertime on a Sky channel, must be something to do with how sky's adverts are fed into the sky channels and the Chromecast isn't liking it.