cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Chromecast stream disconnecting during adverts...

Ditto. This started about 2 months ago for me also. Really annoying. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted

Here we go again.....  another evening of restarting the stream over and over. Hope we are going to get some compensation for all this grief

Highlighted
Advocate

Same old same old... disconnects numerous times during adverts. Is this a ploy to get us to purchase the cheap now tv sticks they've been flogging.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Yet another person who is suffering ongoing problems with this issue. 

It’s likely that everyone using a Chromecast is experiencing this issue - so it’s unbelievable that it hasn’t been fixed yet. Moreover, the lack of any sort of customer service support raises many questions about Sky’s attitude towards their customers. 

I’ve recently been in contact with the customer service correspondent for one of the national broadsheet newspapers - so IF they decide to run with it, it will interesting to see how quicky Sky move then to resolve the issue. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Furthermore, unlike the forum administrator, Karl, states - it is NOT as easy as just restarting the stream after it crashes, as it will continue to crash over and over until the adverts are finished. This means that we have to try to estimate how longs the ads will run for, before trying to restart the stream - which often means we miss he start of the program. 

Not acceptable. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Observer

Same issue here with Chromecast.

It stops when the adverts start, so I restart it, then it stops when the adverts finish, so I have to restart it again.

0 Thanks
Highlighted

Hi, this is still happening, watching now tv from an iPad or an iPhone via chrome cast and the stream disconnects during every set of adverts, at the beginning and end of the advert break. It does not cut out during the programme just every advert break. Prior to October this did not happen. Do you have a solution? 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I have been having this problem too. It's not my Chromecasts, phone or Chromebook. It is a real pain. Every advert break. It's impossible to watch the golf.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Same issue for me too. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Us too!

why no feedback from Now TV??? 

0 Thanks