cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast stream disconnecting during adverts...

Hi all,

I'm attempting to stream Sky Sports via Now Tv App on iPad/Chromecast. During every advert break, the rotating logo appears, then the stream stops and the 'Ready to cast' screen is shown. I then have to select and start the stream again.

It's very annoying. I've tried restarting everything - router, chromecast, ipad, app etc., checked all connections (not that I've changed any) to no avail. The same thing happens on all three Chromecasts in my house, connected to various TV's.

Any ideas on how to resolve this problem, or is an update to the app going to be rolled out soon?

Rgds.

102 REPLIES 102
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here, been like it for a handful of weeks now. The total lack of movement from Sky to correct the issue is shocking...WE ARE PAYING FOR THIS S**T!

Given app store review one star, just hoping attempts to get it into news / media will generate a tangible response from Sky.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is rubbish. Makes watching livetv useless. Has anyone had any sensible communication or response from anyone at NowTV?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Customer support are rubbish on this matter.  I raised it with them weeks ago, they wouldn't flag it to technical support until i reset my chromecast and sat watching the tv until it happened again.  Obviously it did but wasted loads of my time.

Anyway, the technical team have been working on it for weeks apparently.  They can't say when it will be fixed (can't even confirm days, weeks or months).  Everyone who is experiencing the issue should just keep logging the issue via their chat:

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/anything-else

The more people that complain they may take this seriously otherwise they're just happy to keep taking our money and providing a rubbish experience. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm another with the same problem. I reported it and was later given a pathetic answer: just the basics on how to connect Now TV to cast to my television. Erm, like I didn't know that? Demonstrated a total lack of understanding of the issue and possibly even the point of how customers would use Now TV. How would I be reporting the problem if I didn't know how to stream to my television?

I went through a phase of watching the sport, dreading the adverts coming on, getting to a point of understanding there was no point reconnecting the stream as soon as the adverts had started and had broken the stream, as it would only be broken again once the adverts finished (and try explaining that to Now TV, as it seems impossible for them to understand). Of course, this puts everyone experiencing this in the ludicrous position of trying to guess when the adverts have finished. When watching a channel which has adverts every 15 or minutes or so, altogether a completely unacceptable experience.

I decided to follow up another complaint with Now TV again. I reported the problem again and, once again, pathetic answers about needing to be on the same wifi connection. I had a live chat time out with one support person, because the operative clearly didn't feel like answering my questions. My frustration was boiling over. I started up another live chat and, after about 30 minutes of chat, I was told my issue would be referred to '2nd Tier Support'. Finally, I felt Now TV might address this issue and for all others experiencing the same. I was contacted, not the next day, but the day after, presumably by '2nd Tier Support' who asked me what my problem was? Incredible. Wow, that's the most unhelpful support and customer service I believe I have ever experienced.

Through all of the discussions with Now TV, I referred to this very thread, saying they must surely be aware of the issue and not keep asking 'what is the problem'? It cannot possibly come as a surprise to them, as numerous of THEIR customers are reporting the problem on THEIR forum, with 10 pages worth of customers reporting the same fault. There still seemed to be no acknowledgement of this and no willingness to address the fault. I kept saying 'read your forum' and forwarding the link to this page.

I kept asking for my money back and, after one more email, yet again repeating all the same old details of what the problem is; that I was using Google Chromecast with an iPhone or an iPad, that I had tried connecting from those different devices, and that I want my money back. The next day I received an email to say 'It's goodbye for now'. My account had been closed and my subscription (I had unintentionally only just entered into the next billing period and had meant to cancel) was refunded. It was what I asked for, but still really unsatisfactory.

So, the lesson is Now TV do not even seem to know about this issue (at least that is what any of their support staff seem to portray) and they certainly have no intention of fixing it. The only way to 'fix' the issue is to get a refund. I think it tells you something about the quality of the Now TV proposition and their motivations.

Now TV you are now bottom of the pile of the worst customer support I have ever experienced. Truly pathetic. Someone of some standing in Now TV needs to actually read these posts and do something about it, to improve your organisation and delivering the service your customers are paying for.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
They know precisely what the problem is. They are just unwilling or unable to fix it.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did get an email from customer support yesterday saying they have now fixed the issue. No apology or compensation but fingers crossed its sorted. I guess we'll all see soon enough! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes.

After three months it is fixed!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is NOT fixed on NowTV Player on PC - it's still exactly the same symptom.

At the beginning and end of every ad break, Now TV Player freezes with the wait icon and then crashes with one of two errors;

Error code: VGC-4253024363:4280287243

or

Error code: 20004

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seeing the same problems here too - using the PC player. It was fine both last week and the week before, watching the Austria F1 sessions. From early yesterday however, the stream is regularly freezing with the coloured circles showing up, and also dropping out completely at some points. Usually it's the "connecting to servers" complaint, but I've also had one complete crash (auto-close) of the player.

Oddly, it does seem to be more of a problem during the advert breaks which I guess is a positive - and possibly an indication of where the problem lies. Usually I get 10+ seconds of the first ad before it happens, then it can drop in and out several times until the programme returns, after which it seems almost completely stable.

GaGaGrant
Mentor

OK maybe new thread is needed.

In the last week streaming f1 on now tv has been a nightmare.

every advert break allows the sponsor ad to run and then loses the stream to pick up "relevant content"

Paying a premium for second rate service.