cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast stream disconnecting during adverts...

Hi all,

I'm attempting to stream Sky Sports via Now Tv App on iPad/Chromecast. During every advert break, the rotating logo appears, then the stream stops and the 'Ready to cast' screen is shown. I then have to select and start the stream again.

It's very annoying. I've tried restarting everything - router, chromecast, ipad, app etc., checked all connections (not that I've changed any) to no avail. The same thing happens on all three Chromecasts in my house, connected to various TV's.

Any ideas on how to resolve this problem, or is an update to the app going to be rolled out soon?

Rgds.

102 REPLIES 102
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Embarrassing.  This has been going on too long now.  Everytime it goes to advert during the F1 it disconnects.  This is shocking.  NowTV is the worst.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Like dozens of other users I'm having the same problem and so frustrating.

I’m having the problem with Now TV dropping out when the adverts come on.

I’m casting Now TV from my i-phone 6S to an LG TV via Chromecast.

I’ve used this set up with the Now TV app without a problem in the past until a few weeks ago.

I haven’t changed my TV, or Phone, or BT Home hub 5 and have no broadband problems.

I’m on BT Superfast plus so download speed is excellent typically 68Mb.

If I cast from other apps like BT TV, You Tube, i-Player etc I don’t have a problem.

Looking at the Now TV forum I see lots of other people with exactly the same problem.

Can anyone please tell me what’s causing it and how to rectify the problem?

Or is it a case of waiting (if I can) for a software update from Now TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ditto. This started about 2 months ago for me also. Really annoying. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here we go again.....  another evening of restarting the stream over and over. Hope we are going to get some compensation for all this grief

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same old same old... disconnects numerous times during adverts. Is this a ploy to get us to purchase the cheap now tv sticks they've been flogging.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yet another person who is suffering ongoing problems with this issue. 

It’s likely that everyone using a Chromecast is experiencing this issue - so it’s unbelievable that it hasn’t been fixed yet. Moreover, the lack of any sort of customer service support raises many questions about Sky’s attitude towards their customers. 

I’ve recently been in contact with the customer service correspondent for one of the national broadsheet newspapers - so IF they decide to run with it, it will interesting to see how quicky Sky move then to resolve the issue. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Furthermore, unlike the forum administrator, Karl, states - it is NOT as easy as just restarting the stream after it crashes, as it will continue to crash over and over until the adverts are finished. This means that we have to try to estimate how longs the ads will run for, before trying to restart the stream - which often means we miss he start of the program. 

Not acceptable. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here with Chromecast.

It stops when the adverts start, so I restart it, then it stops when the adverts finish, so I have to restart it again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been experiencing the same issue - drops out during the ad breaks and discussions but not throught the main ( sport) event  - very bad today Saturday 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep, I'm getting the same issue, I'm using a Chromecas Built-In on my TV and the stream cuts out multiple times during the adverts but not during the shows.