cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast stream disconnecting during adverts...

Hi all,

I'm attempting to stream Sky Sports via Now Tv App on iPad/Chromecast. During every advert break, the rotating logo appears, then the stream stops and the 'Ready to cast' screen is shown. I then have to select and start the stream again.

It's very annoying. I've tried restarting everything - router, chromecast, ipad, app etc., checked all connections (not that I've changed any) to no avail. The same thing happens on all three Chromecasts in my house, connected to various TV's.

Any ideas on how to resolve this problem, or is an update to the app going to be rolled out soon?

Rgds.

102 REPLIES 102
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Nina...maybe we need to work together on this. If you go on to the forum
(1st. page) you will see a reply from Tony-D at the NOW TV Team - if you
click on his name (not the Reply Button) - it will open up his page and
allow you to send him a message directly...it's self explanatory...it's
worth doing as it may prompt some action and reply as he replied to me
saying that he will pass the query on to the Development Team...not had a
reply ..yet
Good luck

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear Mr Frustration,

I've done as you suggested and messaged Tony-D the following in the hope that somethings done.

Dear Tony-D,

Like dozens of other users I'm having a problem with the live stream disconnecting during the adverts and it's so frustrating.

I’m casting Now TV from my i-phone 6S to an LG TV via Chromecast.

I’ve used this set up with the Now TV app without a problem in the past until a few weeks ago.

I haven’t changed my TV, or Phone, or BT Home hub 5 and have no broadband problems.

I’m on BT Superfast plus so download speed is excellent typically 68Mb.

If I cast from other apps like BT TV, You Tube, i-Player etc I don’t have a problem.

Looking at the Now TV forum I see lots of other people with exactly the same problem.

Can anyone please tell me what’s causing it and how to rectify the problem?

Or is it a case of waiting (if I can) for a software update from Now TV.

Regards,

mrjbish.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Dear Mr Frustration,

I've done as you suggested and messaged Tony-D the following in the hope that somethings done.

Dear Tony-D,

Like dozens of other users I'm having a problem with the live stream disconnecting during the adverts and it's so frustrating.

I’m casting Now TV from my i-phone 6S to an LG TV via Chromecast.

I’ve used this set up with the Now TV app without a problem in the past until a few weeks ago.

I haven’t changed my TV, or Phone, or BT Home hub 5 and have no broadband problems.

I’m on BT Superfast plus so download speed is excellent typically 68Mb.

If I cast from other apps like BT TV, You Tube, i-Player etc I don’t have a problem.

Looking at the Now TV forum I see lots of other people with exactly the same problem.

Can anyone please tell me what’s causing it and how to rectify the problem?

Or is it a case of waiting (if I can) for a software update from Now TV.

Regards,

mrjbish.

Hi @Anonymous User Thank you for the insight into your home set up. I can tell you that it is no cusotmers fault at all. It comes down to the ads we have placed. We thought that we had found the problem but it seems to be a bit more to it. Originally, we thought that the markers for the ads to be shown we're causing the problem but we are still working on a few other things we think are the problem. We are actively looking for the fix and have most of dev resources on this case so hopefully we have a clearer solution within the next few days.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another one having this issue for quite some time, having to reconnect twice in every ad break...not happy!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im having the same thing, been an issue for the past week now and makes the service unusable, so annoying!!! Please sort this out or I'm off

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

i am have the same issues, will this be getting fixed ? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive been having this issue for approx 8 weeks, Chromecast builtin to my Sony TV and also three chromecasts around the house (same IP), all stop mainly at end of adverts but not before any sky trailers.

I mainly cast from my phone, works direct on phone (ie no casting) but as soon as chromecasting all fail. 

I have reset everything, all off (router/switch/phones/tv/chromecasts..... the lot!) then back on, router 1st etc... This does not stop the problem.

The advert signal is throwing the chromecast device, so what can a phone receive and decode ok that a casting device cant? 

Needs sorting soon sky chaps, people are not happy, its a bad bug!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here. No problem at all watching BT Sports, only watching Sky Sports does the stream drop. Have had to resort to using NowTV stick for Sky and using Chromecast for BT!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Add me to the list. Just another example of the sub standard service offered to us Now TV Sports subscribers. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seeing the same problem here - VERY frustrating having to restart the stream at the start and end of every advert break! (Chromecast + Sky F1)