cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Chromecast stream disconnecting during adverts...

Just adding my name to this list. 

Thought this glitch had been fixed on Friday night - I managed to watch all of the Sheffiedl derby without interruption. 

But it's back. Every break sees the connection broken and I have to recast to the Chromecast. PLEASE FIX!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Another days F1 viewing spoiled by the Chromecast disconnect bug. Someone in Sky obviously knows what is causing this so why not roll back software to the last stable version. Really not fair on your subscribers.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

We're very sorry for the issues you have encountered when trying to view NOW TV Content on your via your Chromecast device. 

We've posted an update here: https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mobile/Returning-to-main-screen-when-casting-NOW-TV/m-p/483940#M2880 

Thanks 

Karl

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Another customer having this problem.. just cut out when adverts started from sky sports news as I’m writing this post...

0 Thanks
Highlighted

That's all well and good Karl but this problem has been going on since the beginning of October and not only has it not been resolved but you have many customers who have paid for a service which is not being delivered...your customer service dept should be offering some form of recompense to all those who have been affected...

I have tried to get in touch thru your chat line but it has never worked....also expressd by other members...I have asked your NOW TV helpteam to pass me on to your customer services but have been refused. I cannot speak to anyone or get any feedback...I have to say that the service I and many others have received is the worst I have experienced in many many years...in actual fact it is a shambles...

What I dont understand is that when I first bought my pass to watch the Ryder Cup at the end of September there was no problem...it only manifested itself at the beginning of October...why can you not simply go back to the point you were at when all was working fine...

You cannot imagine how frustrating it is that at every commercial break I and many others have to log back in and reset the stream...often more than once in the same commercial break...it is just unnaceptable....I am seriously considering getting in touch with BBC Watchdog to see if they can take up the mantle and get some answers and resolution...I have put in a complaint to your complaints team (at the end of October) but have not had any resoonse or acknowledgement..it is just not good enough...I am not sure whether NOW TV/Sky really understand the meaning of custoemer service ...

0 Thanks
Mentor

I love how they say "...if you are affected, you just need to start the stream again and the viewing should continue." sounds so simple.

During last weekends F1 coverage (Fri-Sun) I had to start the stream again fifty times!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Like dozens of other users I'm having the same problem and so frustrating.

I’m having the problem with Now TV dropping out when the adverts come on.

I’m casting Now TV from my i-phone 6S to an LG TV via Chromecast.

I’ve used this set up with the Now TV app without a problem in the past until a few weeks ago.

I haven’t changed my TV, or Phone, or BT Home hub 5 and have no broadband problems.

I’m on BT Superfast plus so download speed is excellent typically 68Mb.

If I cast from other apps like BT TV, You Tube, i-Player etc I don’t have a problem.

Looking at the Now TV forum I see lots of other people with exactly the same problem.

Can anyone please tell me what’s causing it and how to rectify the problem?

Or is it a case of waiting (if I can) for a software update from Now TV.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Dear Mr Frustration,

I've done as you suggested and messaged Tony-D the following in the hope that somethings done.

Dear Tony-D,

Like dozens of other users I'm having a problem with the live stream disconnecting during the adverts and it's so frustrating.

I’ve used this set up with the Now TV app without a problem in the past until a few weeks ago.

I haven’t changed my TV, or Phone, or BT Home hub 5 and have no broadband problems.

If I cast from other apps like BT TV, You Tube, i-Player etc I don’t have a problem.

Looking at the Now TV forum I see lots of other people with exactly the same problem.

Regards,

mrjbish.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team
NOW TV Team

@mrjbish wrote:

Dear Mr Frustration,

I've done as you suggested and messaged Tony-D the following in the hope that somethings done.

Dear Tony-D,

Like dozens of other users I'm having a problem with the live stream disconnecting during the adverts and it's so frustrating.

Regards,

mrjbish.

Hi @mrjbish Thank you for the insight into your home set up. I can tell you that it is no cusotmers fault at all. It comes down to the ads we have placed. We thought that we had found the problem but it seems to be a bit more to it. Originally, we thought that the markers for the ads to be shown we're causing the problem but we are still working on a few other things we think are the problem. We are actively looking for the fix and have most of dev resources on this case so hopefully we have a clearer solution within the next few days.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Another one having this issue for quite some time, having to reconnect twice in every ad break...not happy!

0 Thanks