cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast stream disconnecting during adverts...

Hi all,

I'm attempting to stream Sky Sports via Now Tv App on iPad/Chromecast. During every advert break, the rotating logo appears, then the stream stops and the 'Ready to cast' screen is shown. I then have to select and start the stream again.

It's very annoying. I've tried restarting everything - router, chromecast, ipad, app etc., checked all connections (not that I've changed any) to no avail. The same thing happens on all three Chromecasts in my house, connected to various TV's.

Any ideas on how to resolve this problem, or is an update to the app going to be rolled out soon?

Rgds.

102 REPLIES 102
Anonymous User
Not applicable
no changes at all...
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is happening to me too.

I dont know if anyone else mentioned this but my Chromecast seems to be cutting out at the beginning and then again at the end of the advert break. It cuts out at the point where the Sky trailers switch to other adverts, and then when the adverts switch back to Sky trailers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I suggest that you also copy the other users who are all experiencing the same problem...thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi this well noted problem is still occuring has there been any progress on a fix?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And me,for ages. Getting worse

happynowtvuser
Scholar

When is this gonna be fixed @Tony-D

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It really is rediculous - just stopped streaming 3 times in one ad break. I'll be glad when this F1 season ends so I can just cancel it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I suggest that you alaso copy the other users who are all experiencing the same problem...thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

re   Chromecast stream disconnecting during adverts... FORUM

Can you please advise what the update is regarding this issue...you will see from the associated forum that this is a problem which has just manifested itself and as you can see there are a number of unhappy users....if this is not resolved I will be speaking with customer services to make a formal complaint with a view to getting some form of credit against my account. I will look forward to hearing from you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I haven't posted since starting this thread, but it is becoming clear that there are multiple users affected by this extremely irritating glitch.

I'm getting near the end of my tether with it I have to admit, and if it isn't sorted out soon, Now TV will be losing my custom. 

Rgds.