cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stewyd
Contributor 2

Re: Chromecast stream disconnecting during adverts...

Imagine if there was an issue similar to this on Sky+ or Q? It would be sorted in a day.

0 Thanks
Nina1952
Contributor 1

I'll be contacting my credit card company to initiate a chargeback tomorrow. NOT HAPPY after shelling out £179 for a season pass and getting no response whatsoever from NOW TV despite contacting a staff member. Not even going to attempt live chat.

Further, after the update applied on 31st October, my Smart Box is now freezing randomly - utter, utter crap!!

Rgds.

0 Thanks
zulu17
Contributor 1

Only just added Chromecast as a device and am experiencing this same issue.

Can the community staff advise when it is expected to be resolved  please.

0 Thanks
Anon7
First Poster

Been having this issue for a while. Pretty poor this from sky/nowtv - please advise when it will be addressed and what you are offering in compensation.

0 Thanks
NOW TV Team Tony-D
NOW TV Team

@happynowtvuser wrote:

I have spent time on chat with NowTV for them to tell me i should update the app, i told them its nothing to do with the app.  They said they would raise this as an issue.

i pointed them to this post saying its not just me people keep getting disconnected at ad breaks when casting.

i tried to contact the app developers who told me to contact chat.  seem to be in a circle can someone raise this to tech and get it sorted? @Tony-D can you raise this we are all having the same problem!!!!

It's  been sent off guys. Noticed it myself this weekend. I'll chase it up today. @happynowtvuser

0 Thanks
Highlighted
happynowtvuser
Occasional Poster

thanks @Tony-D  it would be great if it could be fixed ASAP.  any compensation for users would be greatly appreciated.

0 Thanks
Mark781
First Poster

Dis-appointed this highly annoying issue is still unresolved after all this time - how many more complaints do there need to be to get some action?

0 Thanks
Jollzeh
First Poster

You can add me to the list too.  I'm having the same issue while streaming sky one.  Interestingly, it seems from this thread that the problem has been going on for weeks now, but it has only affected me for a week or so.  Around the same time that I added Sky Sports pass to the subscription. Seems like the fix is simple then - I'll cancel the sports pass if this continues to be an ignored issue.

0 Thanks
VerbalKint
Occasional Poster

Another one to add to the list, I wonder if there is a body representing the advertisers we could contact, Im sure they are paying a lot of money for adverts which are not being delivered because of this.

0 Thanks
Boy
First Poster

Hi this well noted problem is still occuring has there been any progress on a fix?

0 Thanks