cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast stream disconnecting during adverts...

Hi all,

I'm attempting to stream Sky Sports via Now Tv App on iPad/Chromecast. During every advert break, the rotating logo appears, then the stream stops and the 'Ready to cast' screen is shown. I then have to select and start the stream again.

It's very annoying. I've tried restarting everything - router, chromecast, ipad, app etc., checked all connections (not that I've changed any) to no avail. The same thing happens on all three Chromecasts in my house, connected to various TV's.

Any ideas on how to resolve this problem, or is an update to the app going to be rolled out soon?

Rgds.

102 REPLIES 102
happynowtvuser
Scholar

thanks @Tony-D  it would be great if it could be fixed ASAP.  any compensation for users would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good evening...I am receiving emails from all users who are experiencing the same problem that was raised on the 6th.October....to date there are over 50 very unhappy NOW TV customers (and probably many more who have not found the feed on your forum site) who are on this feed....it is unnaceptable that NOW TV have done nothing to resolve this issue nor have they had the courtesy of taking any responsibilty for a service which is being paid for but not being delivered. I am unable to get thru via Live Chat - it is not working , I have asked the NOW TV team to pass me on to customer service but have been refused and I put in a complaint via your website ten days ago and neither was it acknowledged nor have I received any feedback....not only is your streaming service not up to standard - clearly there is an issue - but your company has no idea as to the meaning of customer service. Many of your customers aree paying for a service which is not being delivered.

I am seriuously thinking of passing this over to the BBC Watchdog series to see if they will be able to take this up on our behalf....that is not a threat but you leave me no alternative but to find other ways of getting some answers as to date nothing has come back from NOW TV by way of taking some responsuibilty and offering some form of apology and compensation for this service...it is truly the worst service I have received in many many years....if i do not hear from NOW TV with an accepotable response by the end of Monday 12th.November I will get in touch with the BBC Watchdog program.

It would be in your best interests if you feedback your reponbse to all of the 50+ users who have added their names to this feed...as they are as fed up with your service as I am...

I can be contacted by phone but no-one at NOW TV has thaought that may help...

Thank you and I do hope you will show some integrity and responsibilty to this problem and get back to me/us

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just adding my name to this list. 

Thought this glitch had been fixed on Friday night - I managed to watch all of the Sheffiedl derby without interruption. 

But it's back. Every break sees the connection broken and I have to recast to the Chromecast. PLEASE FIX!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another days F1 viewing spoiled by the Chromecast disconnect bug. Someone in Sky obviously knows what is causing this so why not roll back software to the last stable version. Really not fair on your subscribers.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

We're very sorry for the issues you have encountered when trying to view NOW TV Content on your via your Chromecast device. 

We've posted an update here: https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mobile/Returning-to-main-screen-when-casting-NOW-TV/m-p/483940#M2880 

Thanks 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another customer having this problem.. just cut out when adverts started from sky sports news as I’m writing this post...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's all well and good Karl but this problem has been going on since the beginning of October and not only has it not been resolved but you have many customers who have paid for a service which is not being delivered...your customer service dept should be offering some form of recompense to all those who have been affected...

I have tried to get in touch thru your chat line but it has never worked....also expressd by other members...I have asked your NOW TV helpteam to pass me on to your customer services but have been refused. I cannot speak to anyone or get any feedback...I have to say that the service I and many others have received is the worst I have experienced in many many years...in actual fact it is a shambles...

What I dont understand is that when I first bought my pass to watch the Ryder Cup at the end of September there was no problem...it only manifested itself at the beginning of October...why can you not simply go back to the point you were at when all was working fine...

You cannot imagine how frustrating it is that at every commercial break I and many others have to log back in and reset the stream...often more than once in the same commercial break...it is just unnaceptable....I am seriously considering getting in touch with BBC Watchdog to see if they can take up the mantle and get some answers and resolution...I have put in a complaint to your complaints team (at the end of October) but have not had any resoonse or acknowledgement..it is just not good enough...I am not sure whether NOW TV/Sky really understand the meaning of custoemer service ...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I love how they say "...if you are affected, you just need to start the stream again and the viewing should continue." sounds so simple.

During last weekends F1 coverage (Fri-Sun) I had to start the stream again fifty times!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

WHY IS THIS PROBLEM STILL PERSISITING...IT IS UNNACCEPTABLE THAT NOW TV HAVE MADE NO EFFORT TO OFFER THE MANY CUSTOMERS WHO ARE PAYING FOR A SERVICE WHICH IS NOT BEING RESOLVED ANY KIND OF RESOLUTION....YOU HAVE OUR MONEY!!!!..IF THERE IS A PROBLEM THEN YOU SHOULD REFUND EVERYONE....THERE IS NOTHING WORSE THAN POOR AND SHAMBOLIC CUSTOMER SERVICE...I FOR ONE WILL NOT BE RENEWING MY PASS NOR RECOMMENDING YOUR SERVICE TO ANYONE....LIVE CHAT NEVER WORKS NOR CAN I BE PASSED THRU TO CUSTOMER SERVICES AND WHEN I MAKE A COMPLAINT ALL I GET IS A MESSAGE BACK SAYING THAT THE COMPLAINT HAS BEEN RESOLVED WHEN IT HASNT...IT IS APPALLING....

I HAVE ALREADY BEEN IN CONTACT WITH CITAS AND AM CONSIDERING PASSING THIS INFO OVER TO BBC WATCHDOG....MAYBE THE POTENTIAL BAD PUBLICITY WILL GET SOME RESULTS AND RECOMPENSE FOR THE BAD SERVICE RECEIVED...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same buffering every advert break  time for a rebate I think! I can't believe they've ignored the problem so long...