cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast stream disconnecting during adverts...

Hi all,

I'm attempting to stream Sky Sports via Now Tv App on iPad/Chromecast. During every advert break, the rotating logo appears, then the stream stops and the 'Ready to cast' screen is shown. I then have to select and start the stream again.

It's very annoying. I've tried restarting everything - router, chromecast, ipad, app etc., checked all connections (not that I've changed any) to no avail. The same thing happens on all three Chromecasts in my house, connected to various TV's.

Any ideas on how to resolve this problem, or is an update to the app going to be rolled out soon?

Rgds.

102 REPLIES 102
Anonymous User
Not applicable

A few on Google Play are reporting this via the Now TV reviews.

One poor review relating to this problem from October 18 received this formal response from SKY:

"Hi Martyn-we're sorry to hear about this issue. Can you try upgrading to the latest version (6.1.1) to see if this solves your Chromecast problem?"

I just checked my Now TV app and I am on 7.6.1? I'm still seeing the issue. 

Perhaps more one-star reviews on Google Play will move this issue on.

mnewton
Advocate

Same problem for me after buying a Sky Sports pass especially to watch the F1 today. Very annoying! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dead right, it's too annoying particularly when paying for this crap

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same thing here... very annoying .. hoping it gets sorted soon. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Add another name to the list...come on, sort this out please...

@Anonymous User wrote:

Same thing here... very annoying .. hoping it gets sorted soon. 

happynowtvuser
Scholar

I have spent time on chat with NowTV for them to tell me i should update the app, i told them its nothing to do with the app.  They said they would raise this as an issue.

i pointed them to this post saying its not just me people keep getting disconnected at ad breaks when casting.

i tried to contact the app developers who told me to contact chat.  seem to be in a circle can someone raise this to tech and get it sorted? @Tony-D can you raise this we are all having the same problem!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How has this not been fixed yet? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been having same issue throughout Oct.

Disappointing to see NowTV haven’t resolved this when all Chromecast users are having the same issue.

Definitely cancelling after this month if this is not fixed as it’s really frustrating!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Imagine if there was an issue similar to this on Sky+ or Q? It would be sorted in a day.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@happynowtvuser wrote:

I have spent time on chat with NowTV for them to tell me i should update the app, i told them its nothing to do with the app.  They said they would raise this as an issue.

i pointed them to this post saying its not just me people keep getting disconnected at ad breaks when casting.

i tried to contact the app developers who told me to contact chat.  seem to be in a circle can someone raise this to tech and get it sorted? @Tony-D can you raise this we are all having the same problem!!!!

It's  been sent off guys. Noticed it myself this weekend. I'll chase it up today. @happynowtvuser