cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Apricot

Re: Chromecast stream disconnecting during adverts...

This is happening to me too.

I dont know if anyone else mentioned this but my Chromecast seems to be cutting out at the beginning and then again at the end of the advert break. It cuts out at the point where the Sky trailers switch to other adverts, and then when the adverts switch back to Sky trailers.

Can I suggest that you alaso copy the other users who are all experiencing the same problem...thanks

0 Thanks

Can I suggest that you also copy the other users who are all experiencing the same problem...thanks

0 Thanks
Dan231
Advocate

Im having the exact same issues, you get 4 devices on your account, 1 of my devices in on the smart TV which streams all ok but you are completely right about the chromecast issue, I have 2 chromecasts in different houses and I stream and every ad break while watching sky sports does the exact same thing, the logo spins in the middle of the screen and then goes to the stand by screen saver for you to connect again, its so annoying.

Ive contacted Now TV numerous times and they say do the whole trouble shooting tips everytime, I dont get any issues with the chromecast with Netflix or youtube etc, its a NOW TV glitch that has only just started happening.

I am using a samsung s9 plus to stream the app

0 Thanks

re   Chromecast stream disconnecting during adverts... FORUM

Can you please advise what the update is regarding this issue...you will see from the associated forum that this is a problem which has just manifested itself and as you can see there are a number of unhappy users....if this is not resolved I will be speaking with customer services to make a formal complaint with a view to getting some form of credit against my account. I will look forward to hearing from you.

0 Thanks
Nina1952
Mentor

I haven't posted since starting this thread, but it is becoming clear that there are multiple users affected by this extremely irritating glitch.

I'm getting near the end of my tether with it I have to admit, and if it isn't sorted out soon, Now TV will be losing my custom. 

Rgds.

Highlighted

Hi Nina...maybe we need to work together on this. If you go on to the forum
(1st. page) you will see a reply from Tony-D at the NOW TV Team - if you
click on his name (not the Reply Button) - it will open up his page and
allow you to send him a message directly...it's self explanatory...it's
worth doing as it may prompt some action and reply as he replied to me
saying that he will pass the query on to the Development Team...not had a
reply ..yet
Good luck

0 Thanks

I'm having exactly the same issue here... and I'm glad to have stumbled on this thread, as I've wasted some considerable time troubleshooting my equipment/network/settings since I've failed so far to get a response from NowTV as to whether this was a known issue.

- It only started happening in the last week or two.

- As others have mentioned, it seems to happen at the transition INTO or OUT of the commercial breaks (ie. just after the ad break starts, or sometimes just before the ad break ends)... although I guess it could be one particular advert that is failing to stream.

- The Chromecast device itself gives the spinning dots / buffering icon in the middle of the screen for a few seconds, then it gives up & drops back to the "NowTV ready to cast"-type screen.

I've tried to email NowTV but got a bounced email notification. I also tried online chat, but that wasn't working for me!

Anyway, I have some further information that may be of use in solving this...

I also use the NowTV Player on Windows 10 (the standalone one, not the Windows Store app). Around the same time the Chromecast issue started happening, the Windows player also seems to have started crashing periodically. I don't use it all that often, so I don't recall if every crash was at the start/end of ad breaks, but the last few certainly were. When it crashes, it seems to cause a graphics driver failure/restart in Windows.

I can't say for certain this is related to the Chromecast issue, but it seems quite likely, given I've used both the Chromecast & the Windows player for some time without issue before they both started acting up at a similar time.

It is getting very annoying having to keep re-casting at each commercial break, and the repeated crashing of the Windows app is troubling. As someone else commented, if this isn't resolved soon I will be requesting some form of compensation for the constant inconvenience.

Please can @Tony-D or anyone else from the NowTV team pass on that additional information above, and provide an update from the dev team on when we can expect this issue to be resolved.

Thanks!

0 Thanks
Snazzy-j
Advocate

Im having the same thing, been an issue for the past week now and makes the service unusable, so annoying!!! Please sort this out or I'm off

0 Thanks
Shiner
Advocate

I'm having the exact same issue.

Streaming is fine during the main broadcast and when a Sky/NowTv advert is being shown.

I'd hazard a guess that Sky are trying to show regional based adverts. I.e similar to what ITV do but it's breaking the stream.

It's damm annoying to keep restarting the stream multiple times during advertising breaks not that I really want to watch the adverts.

0 Thanks