cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast stream disconnecting during adverts...

Hi all,

I'm attempting to stream Sky Sports via Now Tv App on iPad/Chromecast. During every advert break, the rotating logo appears, then the stream stops and the 'Ready to cast' screen is shown. I then have to select and start the stream again.

It's very annoying. I've tried restarting everything - router, chromecast, ipad, app etc., checked all connections (not that I've changed any) to no avail. The same thing happens on all three Chromecasts in my house, connected to various TV's.

Any ideas on how to resolve this problem, or is an update to the app going to be rolled out soon?

Rgds.

102 REPLIES 102
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ps . Have just registered a formal complaint via customer services. Will post any reply here .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Plus one for the issue. Just want a fix can’t be bothered arguing about compensation etc 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve just made a complaint about the issue too. The more people who do the better, I would say. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, this is still happening, watching now tv from an iPad or an iPhone via chrome cast and the stream disconnects during every set of adverts, at the beginning and end of the advert break. It does not cut out during the programme just every advert break. Prior to October this did not happen. Do you have a solution? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been having this problem too. It's not my Chromecasts, phone or Chromebook. It is a real pain. Every advert break. It's impossible to watch the golf.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue for me too. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Us too!

why no feedback from Now TV??? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

NowTV have recognised there is an issue and working on a fix, where they have posted this on the main community forum page.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mobile/Returning-to-main-screen-when-casting-NOW-TV/m-p/483940#M2880

happynowtvuser
Scholar

Yeah but that was 8 days ago and still no update and they have locked the thread

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im having the exact same issues, you get 4 devices on your account, 1 of my devices in on the smart TV which streams all ok but you are completely right about the chromecast issue, I have 2 chromecasts in different houses and I stream and every ad break while watching sky sports does the exact same thing, the logo spins in the middle of the screen and then goes to the stand by screen saver for you to connect again, its so annoying.

Ive contacted Now TV numerous times and they say do the whole trouble shooting tips everytime, I dont get any issues with the chromecast with Netflix or youtube etc, its a NOW TV glitch that has only just started happening.

I am using a samsung s9 plus to stream the app