cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast stream disconnecting during adverts...

Hi all,

I'm attempting to stream Sky Sports via Now Tv App on iPad/Chromecast. During every advert break, the rotating logo appears, then the stream stops and the 'Ready to cast' screen is shown. I then have to select and start the stream again.

It's very annoying. I've tried restarting everything - router, chromecast, ipad, app etc., checked all connections (not that I've changed any) to no avail. The same thing happens on all three Chromecasts in my house, connected to various TV's.

Any ideas on how to resolve this problem, or is an update to the app going to be rolled out soon?

Rgds.

102 REPLIES 102
Blackout19
Advocate

I have been having the same issue, it's new since last weekend and super annoying...

Chris_V
Mentor

Same issue here too

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes me too. 

Any Sky trailers still play but adverts stop streaming around one second in to the first advert.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can’t believe it’s still not working, happens every advert break!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Worked fine during the Ryder Cup.

Like others something changed last weekend leading disconnection during commercial breaks. It doesn't happen all the time usually barely into the commercial but I've also had it towards the end.

Very annoying, does anyone have a fix?

Thanks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is happening to mine---via chromecast...was fine whilst watching the Ryder Cup but when watching this weekend it goes into buffering mode as soon as an advert break comes on...a pain in the wotsit for sure...any one got any answers?

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

This is happening to mine---via chromecast...was fine whilst watching the Ryder Cup but when watching this weekend it goes into buffering mode as soon as an advert break comes on...a pain in the wotsit for sure...any one got any answers?

Seems to be the actual advert causing this issue. There was a glitch a while back regarding the PS4 and adverts. Basically, as soon as an advert appeared on the PS4 the whole app would freeze. I'd say it's more of them same here. I'll get it sent off and hopefully the dev team can implement a fix in the coming days. Thanks for sharing @Anonymous User 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks...I would like to point out that the problem has only just started...it was fine during the Open Golf and also during the Ryder Cup...the problem has only manifested itself since I watched the British Masters over the last few days...problem was not happening during the Open and Ryder Cup coverage..

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks...I would like to point out that the problem has only just started...it was fine during the Open Golf and also during the Ryder Cup...the problem has only manifested itself since I watched the British Masters over the last few days...problem was not happening during the Open and Ryder Cup coverage..

That's even better info. I take it you haven't installed any adblocking services to your phone in the past few days @Anonymous User