cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast dropping out

When watching now TV using app on pixel 2 to Chromecast I find that it occasionally drops out. Usually around one time per one hour episode. 

The video and sound will stop and the TV reverts back to the Chromecast home screen. Need to reopen the now TV app on phone, reconnect to Chromecast and start viewing again .

Anyone else had similar issues? Thanks .

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This issue has been plaguing me for some time. I am currently watching F1 Brazil practice,and it has lost connection numerous times. When it happens,it defaults back to Now TV splash screen but Ipad still think s it's connected. Pressing play on pad reconnects for awhile.                                                  I have tried the reboot  procedure above,but no change. This is becoming a chore. Of course,it could be a Chromecast fault, nothing to  do with Now TV,but others report on Now makes it happen. I really wish I could get to the bottom of this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having this issue too. It always seem to happen on breaks for adverts but not sure if that just conicidence 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue. It can’t be internet provider as we’ve recently moved and also switched - however still having issues. Also had a new phone and software up to date and the same issue is happening. Have no issues using NowTV through my consoles, but using it through chrome as fit just doesn’t stay put (other apps wish as Netflix and YouTube however I don’t have this issue)

Soulcal24
Scholar 3

Hi @Anonymous User & @Anonymous User

Have any of you done a factory reset on your Chromecast to see if that clear up issue with NOW TV because I haven’t had any issues with my Chromecast.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here. Also tried casting from both my iPad and my Android phone. It's sadly occuring on a regular basis but only with NowTV and not with BT Sports and other streaming apps. Needs to get fixed and soon, otherwise I'll be asking for a refund.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has been happening to me with regard to sports for past month but only during advert breaks. NowTV has admitted to me that there is a problem with chromecast and that they are trying to resolve but after a couple of weeks still waiting If they don't sort think they should supply us with one of their devices. Question of compensation also comes to mind. They must be able to supply what they offer!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having this exact same issue with NowTV (and no other app). It's been persistent for months now, and it looks like it's preexisting from as far back as 2018.

It happens across all live footage, but not with the On demand programmes. F1 and Football drop out, sometimes as often as two times in a single minute.

Often I'll have 20 minutes uninterrupted, but suddenly it'll flick back to the NowTV splash screen (often at key moments).

NEEDS TO BE SORTED.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This has been happening me here all day today.

Both on live streaming & watching boxsets.

It is almost 10 minutes segments to the second.

It has been perfect up to today.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same issue...stream cuts every 10 minutes.. so annoying! What's wrong with it?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has anyone managed to get a fix for this?  I am suffering similar issue as follows:-

When streaming via NOW mobile app to a Google Chromecast device connected via HDMI installed into a Panasonic TV from any device (iPad or android phone), I experience constant disconnects after a few minutes.  When streaming other apps using Chromecast from same mobile device (such as channel 4 app) it works perfectly for hours.  When using the apps installed on the Google Chromecast device itself they all work perfectly for hours (BBC iPlayer / Channel 5 / ITV hub / YouTube).  The problem only affects the NOW app. 

Usually when it disconnects the streaming content it returns to the NOW TV branded content screen on the TV display and allows the reconnect to the Chromecast from the NOW mobile app.  But sometimes this hangs and requires the restart the NOW app to reconnect the Chromecast session, which can take minutes and is extremely frustrating when watching live sport!

The Chromecast device is a 3rd generation unit.

Any assistance appreciated.