cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast dropping out

When watching now TV using app on pixel 2 to Chromecast I find that it occasionally drops out. Usually around one time per one hour episode. 

The video and sound will stop and the TV reverts back to the Chromecast home screen. Need to reopen the now TV app on phone, reconnect to Chromecast and start viewing again .

Anyone else had similar issues? Thanks .

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having this issue also

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Me too - I don't have this issue with Netflix, iPlayer, all4 or YouTube, only NOW TV, seems to happen more often with TV shows, rather than live sports. Today it's happened 4 times in the space of a couple of hours

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can also report this is happening at least twice per episode of anything we watch at home.

Using Galaxy S9 Plus and have casting to three different Chromecasts.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also experiencing this issue. No issues with any other chromecast activity (YouTube, BBC iPlayer, netflix, etc), just Now TV. I Notice it the most with Sky Sports News playing live, rather than box sets etc. Like others have said, the chromecast shows a buffering circle and then returns to the standard chromecast backdrop. Using the app on my Samsung S8+ restarts the casting immediately .. the wost I've had is drop out every 5-10 minutes.

Seems like a localised issue, is there any beta programs we can join to get newer versions of the app to see if this improves the situation?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Experiencing the same issue. No issues with any other streaming service. The quality of picture on live sortings events also an issue. Have cancelled my now TV sports pass now as a result.

Soulcal24
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Have any of you updated Google Home App , if you have then try this to fix it , close now tv app , close google home app , restart your hub / router , then wait for hub to connect to internet then tap cast square on now tv app then try cast something that was causing issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. Pixel2/Chromecast/Google-WiFi/BT-openreach/Infinity2-fibre and having same issue. Just watched Liverpool-Hudderfield match on BT sport and not a single issue. Started to watch F1 USA on NowTV and  stream constantly dropping back to circles screen about every 10/15 mins. Very annoying. NowTV stream is so bad. What are NowTV doing that stops their stream working properly with Chromecast. The resolution of the picture is well below BT-sport stream as well but while Sky have the rights will have to put up with it. Grrr.

Soulcal24
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User

Look back from your post and you see how to fix issues using NOW TV with a chromecast.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue. Live stream stops and reverts back to chromecast home screen  . Phone still thinks it is connected. Have to press stop on the phone and reconnect every 10 minutes