cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromebook playback protocol error

App now shows playback protocol error on my pixelbook. why?

5 REPLIES 5
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

App now shows playback protocol error on my pixelbook. why?

Sorry @Anonymous User But NOW TV isn't compatible right now with Chromebook. But with recent interest in Chromebooks by the public, i can't see it being that far off.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Huh?! It worked last month though. It seems the last update (15th March) has caused this issue. I am running the android app so don't understand why sky have stopped it working on chromebooks. Just one more reason to leave I guess.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I'm also experiencing this problem (using a chromebook) 

I had the app installed on my chromebook and it was working fine, I was able to watch different titles, however after the previous update it is now giving me the same message of "PLAYBACK_PROTOCOL_ERROR" when I try to watch anything. 

I've emailed them and they've suggested that I reset my chromebook device, but I wanted to see if there were any other solutions before doing that ... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't think resetting your chromebook will acheive much. This seems to be a move by Sky for some reason.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I think this is wrong...either a corporat fallout or a bug........Chromebook is running Chromium, an OS based on Linux just like IOS (Apple). Also, this isn't just not working in the app, but within the Chrome browser too, one of the most popular inetrenet browsers on planet earth. So either Sky has some useless developers or they have fallen out with Google just as Amazon have done recently (You Tube not available anymore within the Fire TV).

@Anonymous User wrote:

I don't think resetting your chromebook will acheive much. This seems to be a move by Sky for some reason.