cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Captions on TV set

Hi everyone,

I seem to have problems with the captions on my TV . Everything was going well until 2 weeks ago when they suddenly disappeared and no matter how hard I have tried I couldn't get them back on.

I have checked the settings many, many times  and although it shows that the captions are"always on" they just don't appear,even when playing films that I have watched before and I know they have subtitles on NOW TV.I don't have this issue when watching on my smart phone.It's very frustrating because I am hearing impaired and subtitles are of critical importance.

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Bit of a long shot when watching a movie or TV show that supports subtitles, did you press the enter or OK button on the remote and once the additional info screen appears on your TV screen highlight and activate the bubble speach icon towards the bottom right to trigger the subtitles ?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Bit of a long shot when watching a movie or TV show that supports subtitles, did you press the enter or OK button on the remote and once the additional info screen appears on your TV screen highlight and activate the bubble speach icon towards the bottom right to trigger the subtitles ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, Thank you so much! Your advice was very helpful and solved my problem. Have a great day.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I HAVE A 2.5 YEAR OLD BOX MODEL 4200SK & RECENTLY THE CAPTIONS ON FILMS NO LONGER APPEAR.  I HAVE GONE INTO SETTINGS & ALWAYS ON TICKED BUT IT AUTOMATICALLY TURNS ITSELF OFF.  I HAVE TRIED IT MANY TIMES WITH OUR SUCCESS, WHAT HAS CHANGED ON MY BOX PLEASE?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I think there is a bug on the nowtv boxes (i have reported this to nowtv a few months back).

Where previously if you went into the box settings and selected Captions Always On, then if my memory serves me right any nowtv content that supports subtitles would automatically kick in (might be wrong because luckily i don't depend on subtitles and haven't played around with the subtitles on the NowTV devices much).

At the moment the only way i can get subtitles on my nowtv box is to watch a TV episode or movie with the subtitles icon by starting to play it, then press the OK or Star button on the remote and from the display pop up on screen select the bubble speach icon and switch subtitles on.

Unfortunately every time you watch a new episode or jump out of a movie to return later the subtitles are lost and you need to re activate the subtitles again by following the same above method (which is a pain) Smiley Mad.