cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot download as no WiFi connection

I am getting the message  need an active internet connection to download.i am trying to download on iPlayer programmes on my Samsung s7 connected to nowtv broadband 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What i would be inclined to do is try the following on your Hub 2 Router.

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it:

1. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  2. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  3. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  4. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  5. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  6. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  7. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  8. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.

In my setup 2.4GHz wifi works better for me in my Home environment than 5GHz, where i have set all my devices  for 2.4GHz.

Also a few Android mobile phone users have reported random wifi drop outs on their phones using the NowTV Hub 2 Router.

Where you could try accessing the Hub 2 Router webpage settings (following steps 1 & 2 above and instead of selecting the Maintenance Tab, select the Advanced Tab), then select the LAN IP Setup tab below it, then disable the IPV 6 on Lan side by unticking the box and clicking the green Apply Button towards the bottom of the screen.

The disable of the IPV6 over Lan seemed to help people who have reported wifi random dropouts on their Android phone using the NowTV Hub 2.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What i would be inclined to do is try the following on your Hub 2 Router.

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it:

1. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  2. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  3. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  4. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  5. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  6. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  7. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  8. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.

In my setup 2.4GHz wifi works better for me in my Home environment than 5GHz, where i have set all my devices  for 2.4GHz.

Also a few Android mobile phone users have reported random wifi drop outs on their phones using the NowTV Hub 2 Router.

Where you could try accessing the Hub 2 Router webpage settings (following steps 1 & 2 above and instead of selecting the Maintenance Tab, select the Advanced Tab), then select the LAN IP Setup tab below it, then disable the IPV 6 on Lan side by unticking the box and clicking the green Apply Button towards the bottom of the screen.

The disable of the IPV6 over Lan seemed to help people who have reported wifi random dropouts on their Android phone using the NowTV Hub 2.