cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't watch Now TV on newly purchased devices

Xmas is coming. This mean that new pads/phones etc are likely to be purchased.

Netflix let you move devices around without much of a problem, as long as you only have a certain amount at a time.

Yet again, Now TV seems to have issues with the simplicity of Netflix, this time with adding a new device.

We just re-set an ipad so that it can be passed on to a family member, and just purchased a new android pad,  we'll also be purchasing a new phone.

The new android pad has been added to Now TV. But we're not allowed to add anything new until Jan, so that'll prob be the newly re-set ipad. We'll then have to wait another month to add the new phone.

So to get all the household connected to Now (again) TV we'll have to wait until February.

Seems pretty stupid & unhelpful to me.

Surely the might of sky can re-negotiate a more customer friendly solution to this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV.

I have sent you an email in regards to your query. 

Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello, you can live chat the team here and explain what has happened and they may reset a slot for you.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Device-limit-reached

Scroll to the bottom and click the blue contact us button.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

I have sent you an email in regards to your query. 

Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Massive thanks to the Now team for sorting our devices out. I've been a big critic of Now TV in the past, but they did sort this problem out quicky and without any fuss.

We're all now connected up in time for Xmas.

Thanks again!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok this is very strange. Had NowTV for a good few years. I added a new device to my device list and deleted one off 3 days ago, this left me with 1 device slot available and 3 used. This was the first time in around 6 months I've edited my devices. The new device I added worked fine until Sunday when I went to play a film and it came up with a message saying I had used my allowance for adding new devices this month, very annoying as I know that I absolutely haven't! Now the strange thing, wife went and streamed something from this same device earlier today and didn't have a problem, I assumed the error was sorted and didn't think anything else of it until she has now just gone to stream another film and it has come up with the message saying I've used this months allowance for devices again! What is going on? I've had issues with it falsely saying I've used my device limit before but never for it to do it on and off like this. Starting to get really annoyed with NowTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I almost exclusively watch Now TV on my iPad, every day.

I have, in the past, also watched Now TV on my smart TV and iPhone. I understand I can't watch it on more than four devices, but as I only use the TV, iPhone and iPad I'm well within that limit.  

Today, when I try and watch a show on my iPad I get a message saying I've already used my allowance and that I'll "be able to change again next month"?

Change what? And NEXT MONTH?? Come on. I've paid for this service; I expect to be able to use it.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I almost exclusively watch Now TV on my iPad, every day.

I have, in the past, also watched Now TV on my smart TV and iPhone. I understand I can't watch it on more than four devices, but as I only use the TV, iPhone and iPad I'm well within that limit.  

Today, when I try and watch a show on my iPad I get a message saying I've already used my allowance and that I'll "be able to change again next month"?

Change what? And NEXT MONTH?? Come on. I've paid for this service; I expect to be able to use it.

I know this doesn't reslove your problem.

Might be wrong, but I believe you can only register a maximum of 4 devices and are permitted to watch on 2 devices at any given time.

NowTV will then only let you deregister 1 existing device and add a new extra device (once you reached your max device limit) after each calendar month.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Did you recently update the NOW TV app on your iPad? A few people have reported the iPad is being seen as a new device after the update which might explain your issue.

if that's the case, you can either wait for a member of the NOW TV Team to pick up your post and they will look into this for you (might take a day or two if they are particularly busy). Or if your need is urgent you could have a word with Live Chat (8am-midnight) explain what's happened and see if they can reset your devices for you. To get there go to the following help page

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Device-limit-reached

and click the green Contact Us button near the bottom left of it (not the How to Contact Us link right at the bottom as that takes you somewhere else) then choose the Live Chat option on the following page.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Just to let you know I have sent you an email in regards to your query. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

I just want to let you know that I have sent you an email in regards to your query. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team