cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't watch Now TV on newly purchased devices

Xmas is coming. This mean that new pads/phones etc are likely to be purchased.

Netflix let you move devices around without much of a problem, as long as you only have a certain amount at a time.

Yet again, Now TV seems to have issues with the simplicity of Netflix, this time with adding a new device.

We just re-set an ipad so that it can be passed on to a family member, and just purchased a new android pad,  we'll also be purchasing a new phone.

The new android pad has been added to Now TV. But we're not allowed to add anything new until Jan, so that'll prob be the newly re-set ipad. We'll then have to wait another month to add the new phone.

So to get all the household connected to Now (again) TV we'll have to wait until February.

Seems pretty stupid & unhelpful to me.

Surely the might of sky can re-negotiate a more customer friendly solution to this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV.

I have sent you an email in regards to your query. 

Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We just had this same problem with iPad mini 4, used it earlier today no problems but used the device 3 hrs later and we get device limit reached for this month

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I have had this issue also that a different device has appeared on my account and removed an iPad that was previously registered but now that I have removed the 'unknown device' I can't re-add the previous device for a month!!! Not happy as I made no changes!!!! 

Please advise if this months ban can be lifted asap?

thanks

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I believe that this issue has now been resolved. 

If this is not the case, please feel free to get back in touch. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This has been a consistent issue for me. I have one ipad in the house and no other IOS devices linked to my acount. Now I cant use  the ipad for viewing as the number of devices is full but when I look online 2 of them are IOS devices! And neither of them used recently so it doesnt appear to be a security concern. It appears to be forgetting the device in addition to letting it take up a space.

I wonder if you found a resolution Owen, my worry is the whole system is all a bit flakey.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have had this now tv for 4 month and only got use of it the first month now it's saying all the time if used my months allowance for adding new devices and I have paid for this can u help me ahhhhrr 😡 [email removed]
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

As this is an account related query I will send you an email.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I'm having the same issue. I have now TV set up on both play stations in our home and Iv bought my partner an iPad for when he's working away and we can't seem to access our now tv account on it even when it's not being used on our play stations. Is there anything g I can do to resolve this?
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Depends what the problem is. If you are getting a simultaneous stream message it's because you've recently been watching on the PSs, you can only watch on two devices at a time, finish one and wait 10 mins and you should be ok.

If you get a device limit reached message then you'll need to pop onto live chat and explain the situation and see what they can do for you.

To get to live chat, go to the following help page and click the Start Live Chat button.

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/How-to-cancel-NOW-TV

Bear in mind also you need to be in the UK to watch, so if your partner works abroad it won't work.

If it's something else post back and let us know.