cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't watch NOW TV on tablet or over HDMI from mobile

At home I usually watch NOW TV on my PC but would like to be able to view it on a larger screen that my mobile phone when away from home. I downloaded the NOW TV app to my Amazon Fire HD 10 but the app doesn't work on the tablet (searching for answers suggests that this is deliberate and done for "business reasons"). I then tried logging into NOW TV through the browser, only to get a message that this is not supported on mobile devices. Decided to try a fresh approach and bought a USB to HDMI cable to connect my mobile phone to a TV. Tried it to find that the NOW TV app does not allow this either!

Aside from buying another large "non-Amazon" tablet (which I don't want to do) is there a solution please, or is NOW TV just excessively restrictive about how you can view it?

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I have a Fire HD 10 Tablet and the current NowTV App on the official Play Store site works for me (can't guarantee that should NowTV release a newer update version of their App they will block it or break it in the future because the Amazon Fire HD tablets are not officially supported).

Firstly you need to download the official Play Store App onto your Fire HD (google is your friend).

Once you have the Google Play Store App on the Fire HD tablet, then download the NowTV App from it.

I just tested my Fire HD 10 and played 10 minutes of Aquaman which played fine for me on NowTV App version 10.9.2.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did download the NOW TV app from the Google Play store (after downloading apk's to get the Google Play store). I have the 2019 version of the Amazon Fire HD - is yours perhaps a 2017 or older version?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Bought the Fire HD 10 tablet from Argos at the beginning of the year 2019 according to the information from the tablet settings it is generation 7.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thinking about it now it might have been sometime during 2018 when i bought the Fire 10 tablet.

Will have to find the receipt, though it does say the older 7th Generation from the information stored on it's device settings.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sounds as though we have different generations of the tablet then. If it's Amazon stopping the NOW TV app from working then perhaps an update to the app might sort this out.