cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't sign on onto my mobile

I have a Now account but can't sign in onto my account on my Samsung S21.

I get the following message "you don't have an account for this region. Please download the correct app for your region and try signing in again"

The thing is I bought the phone in Ireland, my Now account is an Irish one and the account works on other divices fine

What's up?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

From what you describe, this is a Samsung S21 problem.

Though is it? Where did you buy the S21? Where are you (geographically) when you try to sign in?

Who provides the internet you are using on it?

What exact URL are you using to access your Now account? Has it got ‘ie’ in it somewhere?

What exact URL gets you into your Now account on other devices? Has it got ‘ie’ in it somewhere?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. 

I've got an Irish Gomo contract and am trying to sign in in Ireland. I bought the phone in Dublin. 

I successfully signed in on my wife's phone afterwards which is a S20.

I'm only trying to sign into Now via the mobile app (as I downloaded and signed in successfully on my wife's phone)

I did the exact same with my phone but alas no success. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Sorry if I go a bit vague here….

I have an idea that the Now on your phone might be UK, not IE. If that’s how it works that is; but I think there are different versions, and not just one app distinguishing between UK and IE customers. Though even if that is the case, it looks like maybe something on the S21 thinks you are in the UK, or it is in the UK, when that’s not the case.

You probably can’t get in to look in My Account on the Now app, but if you could, it would be useful to know if your version of the app was the same as the one on your wife’s S20.

My first suggestion, though, would be to wipe all traces of Now off your phone and download it again, which is what the error message says, though I am very aware that this may just put you back in the same place. Worth a try, though, and almost certainly the first thing Live Chat would ask you to do.

Leading to what I think is my best suggestion, if the above makes no improvement, that you contact Live Chat, as per line 2 of my sig below (if you have the same Live Chat as the UK has, or if that link on your device goes where it should for IE).

But as you have the problem on your phone, best do this from your wife’s S20, perhaps, which does at least load Now OK, and does seem to agree with itself that you are in Eire 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your thoughts Roy

I will be chatting to some support tomorrow. I'll try the new download of the app as you suggest, but I don't think it will help : I've done it twice already and it's the exact same app as I downloaded on to my wife's

When I bought the S21 (new, sealed) it booted up with a different language. It may be that Now detects my phone as not being of Irish/British provenance.

I'll update for the community when I get more info. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK.

So in the end it was very obvious. (funny how things are obvious when they have been pointed out to you 😅)

It was my Google Play account; I was still registered in Play as a resident of the UK. It's been 6 years since I moved to Dublin (from London) but its never been an issue before.

It looks as if any app I downloaded during this 6 years was unconcerned about where my country of residence was.

Not Now. 

I got into my Play store account and in the settings changed my country to Ireland.

It takes about 24 hours for that change to register within Google Play, but once it does, the apps it serves up are appropriate for your country.

Like I said, for all my apps to date, this country issue was irrelevant. But once I searched the Now app under my new country, I was offered the correct one.

I downloaded it and signed in within a minute without a problem.

Thanks for your help.