cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nmpnmp
Scholar

Can’t ‘connect to device’ on iPad device.

I have just downloaded the now TV app on my 2017 new iPad. I already have it on my iPhone and it works great, you can browse content and then use the ‘Connect to Device’ feature to play said content to one of the various Now TV devices around the house and it mostly works. However, the iPad app doesn’t seem to have the same option to ‘connect to device’. Is this expected or a bug? If expected, any plans to add this feature? 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Nmpnmp

It's not a bug, they've only built that functionality into the iPhone app for now. I'm not sure why it's not also ported over to the tablet iOS app or whether they intend to, but I agree it's a nice little feature.

You could use the Roku remote app on your iPad, but it doesn't tie into the NOW TV catalogue, it's basically just a replacement for the remote (and looks a bit ridiculous on the much larger iPad screen) so personally I'd stick with the iPhone if I was you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Nmpnmp

It's not a bug, they've only built that functionality into the iPhone app for now. I'm not sure why it's not also ported over to the tablet iOS app or whether they intend to, but I agree it's a nice little feature.

You could use the Roku remote app on your iPad, but it doesn't tie into the NOW TV catalogue, it's basically just a replacement for the remote (and looks a bit ridiculous on the much larger iPad screen) so personally I'd stick with the iPhone if I was you.

Nmpnmp
Scholar

Thanks Andy, I figured it wasnt a bug, and hopefully its only a matter of time before this feature makes it to iPad. Thanks for confirming.  I only hope it isn't some sort of 'marketing decision' to not port that to the iPad for some ridiculous reason. 

Thanks