cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can’t cast to tv

I’ve purchased a NOW TVSport day pass and I can watch the Liverpool Man City game on my tv but when I try to cast to the tv, it says that I can’t watch because I need a NOW TV Sport Membership - which I have and has been activated on the mobile app!

also can anyone advise how I contact NOW TV to be compensated- this is the second time I’ve had this issue!

seriously unhappy.

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think I’d chosen the first one on the home page which was the sky sports main event? Don’t think I tried sky sports premier league.

only have the one active mobile pass - I’ve only bought one 3 times this year.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You can’t cast from the Sports Mobile membership - you can only watch it on your phone.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve just checked it’s a sports day membership not a sports mobile membership, and when I log in to the app it repeatedly tells me I can cast and shows me where to find the icon.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

It’s important to avoid confusion to use the terminology carefully, differentiating between ‘app on a mobile with a day membership ’ and ‘app on a mobile with a mobile membership’, so thank you for that.

But if you buy a Day membership, you get given a six-month mobile membership a few days later, AIUI, and I wonder if you have one of these from an earlier Day membership, and it is getting in the way here?

What make and model is your phone?

Have you attached a Chromecast device to your 2015 Sony TV, or are you trying to use the built-in Chromecast on the TV, it it’s an Android one?

As I understand it, Now don’t support built-in Chromecast 😢

I also understand that Now support for Sony Android TVs only started with the 2016 model year. And we don’t know if your 2015 Sony TV Is an Android one or not - can you give the exact model number?

So I remain unsure as to which device, exactly, is responding that you need a membership?

But if it is the Sony TV, this may imply that you do have the Now app on it; in which case, why not watch directly on that?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.