cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can’t cast to tv

I’ve purchased a NOW TVSport day pass and I can watch the Liverpool Man City game on my tv but when I try to cast to the tv, it says that I can’t watch because I need a NOW TV Sport Membership - which I have and has been activated on the mobile app!

also can anyone advise how I contact NOW TV to be compensated- this is the second time I’ve had this issue!

seriously unhappy.

13 REPLIES 13
redchiz1
Champion 2

There are a number of possible issues here, but if you can watch on your TV why would you want to cast to it?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry that should have read I can watch on my mobile but I can’t cast to my TV.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What TV do you have? 

Does it have the app available?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No unfortunately- it’s a Sony tv 2015 model

redchiz1
Champion 2

If you have a Chromecast device connected to your TV make sure that you select cast from your mobile before selecting what to play. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Am trying to cast from my phone - I tried both pressing play before and after selecting to cast the tv and neither worked - the same error message comes up that I don’t have a membership

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

To ask a daft question. Is both the TV and mobile connected to the same router at the same time?

As in your not using your mobile data for your phone and the TV is connected to the router?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes they are both connected to the same router

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Out of curiosity do you have an active Mobile Sports Pass also from another Day Sports Pass deal ?

When you tried to cast did you try Sky Sports Main Event with the new Day Sports Pass rather than Sky Sports Premier League ?