cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't activate sport day pass on NowTV

Hi, purchased sport day pass to watch Sky Sports Main Event - always says "pass required" when attempting to view and won't activate the pass.

It seems to be attempting to use a (cancelled) mobile pass which obviously doesn't have access to main event - can watch other channels, presumably again as its using this pass. Tried all the usual power cycles, cache and cookies and reinstall.

Anyway to circumvent this and manuly activate my day pass? Any help much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Because you mentioned Mobile Android, i am guessing you are not at home and using a smartphone ?

If you haven't got temporary access to another device to kick start the pass, then maybe see if deleting the App and download a fresh App from your phone Apps Store.

Then power down the phone and reboot and then try signing in to the App to see if all eleven Sky Sports channels play on your day sports pass.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you got another device to kick start the day sports pass such has PC, tablet, streaming box etc, then jump over to the main playback device you want to watch Sky Sports Main Event on.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Because you mentioned Mobile Android, i am guessing you are not at home and using a smartphone ?

If you haven't got temporary access to another device to kick start the pass, then maybe see if deleting the App and download a fresh App from your phone Apps Store.

Then power down the phone and reboot and then try signing in to the App to see if all eleven Sky Sports channels play on your day sports pass.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did already try this - but it worked on a second attempt making sure I went straight to the event I wanted to watch before even logging in.

Thanks both

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have tried all the above deleting app using different device etc. I’m still unable to watch the sky sports main event on my mobile it continually asks me for a pass however I am able to view the other sky sports channels on my mobile device. 

Any guidance on how to fix this would be much appreciated? 

is there a way to contact Now Tv directly regarding this issue? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

To reach out to NowTV use one of the communication methods on this link below.

First point of call would be live chat (green chat online button).

If no joy accessing live chat, send them a message using the web form on the same link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello bought sports day pass and can't view telling me I need an membership

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

What playback device have you tried the Day Membership on?

Have you tried triggering the Day Membership on a smartphone, tablet or PC then jumping back to your main playback device?

Does the Day Membership show on your online account?

If so maybe try logging out the the NOW App on your playback device and power down the device and then restart it and log back in with the account details on here that you checked your Day Membership on.

Otherwise see if NOW live chat can help.