cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Awful Picture Quality

Quality was all over the place tonight, one minute it was clear and then everything was a blur. This only seems to happen during big games, almost like their servers just can't handle it.

Internet speed is more than capable, more than 110mbps was available during the game tonight.... 

This was using Chromecast via my smartphone, not impressed. 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Totally agree, I was also using phone to stream to chromecast ultra which has a Ethernet connection to 400mb FTTP internet connection. I had to check with Netflix and other Nowtv shows it was not my connection. Netflix in 4K and other shows were fine. Just seems to be the live football.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m using the free trail of hd for the first week of footy. While the picture is better, the amount of times I’m losing signal / sound dropouts  or even sometimes the app crashing is crazy.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just watching Liverpool game now, everything looks fine when advertisements and studio chat. Soon as start streaming match live, picture quality is not consistent, drops constantly, are we really getting boost that we are paying for on live football? Watching 4K HDR streams on BT sport on chromecast ultra no problem and look very good. Nowtv please sort out you poor poor service of live football games.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same for me with the F1 last Sunday. I regularly live stream from other services (iPlayer, YouTube, Amazon Prime) and only rarely have any problems. Even with every device in the house, except my mobile and the Chromecast disconnected, no improvement to the picture quality, which would drop to a heavily pixellated level every few minutes. Quickly tried iPlayer after the GP, and sure enough, full HD without a problem. 

In fairness to NowTV, they responded promptly to my complaint, and they've given me a free day pass to use, but worryingly they said there was no problem at their end. I had honestly expected that such an expensive service (compared with Prime) would work perfectly though!