cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Audio out of sync

Hello,

Hoping someone can help as tech help have been useless!

I've been having trouble with buffering on both the player on my laptop, and with the android app (despite no problems with my broadband speed, and being able to stream videos on Netflix, Amazon, YouTube etc with no problems), so to combat this, I started to download shows using the mobile app.

All was working fine until I updated the app a few days ago. Now, with both streaming and downloaded contect, the audio is out of sync if I use my bluetooth headphones. It is fine without the headphones, and audio is fine with my headphones using Netflix etc, so it is a problem that solely affects the combination of NowTV and my bluetooth headphones. It had been working fine until I updated the app.

Tech help said it was my internet speed, but that doesn't explain why I still have audio sync problems with bluetooth with downloaded content when I'm not connected to the internet!

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this, and any possible solutions, as right now, Now TV is unusable!

My phone is running Android 9, and the Now TV app is 10.9.2 if that's any help.

Many thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have just had this same problem occur. 
I was ok until this weekend, my phone updated to Android 10 and now as with the OP sound is out of sync when using bluetooth headphones. 

I have tested watching without headphones and its ok, tested with wired headphones and all ok, as soon as bluetooth headphones are connected the sound it out.

I have removed the pairing on headphones, restarted phone, re-paired headphones in an attempt to reset all previous issues but the Now tv app is still out of sync. Netflix does not had this issue, Amazon Video does not have this issue either so its a problem with the Now TV app and bluetooth.

Android version is 10
Now TV app version is 10.10.0

Hopefully this can be resolved with the next update of the app

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same issue with Android 10 and the latest version of the app. The sound is actually ahead of the video. The worst at the moment is The Outsider, way out of synch. Just watching Brightburn, and it's a good half second out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem after a few months away from now TV , I thought I would return I was shocked how bad it really is its unwatchable reset the box I have tried everything I ended  cancelling my prescription with 55minutes I feel completely robbed after paying for now TV movies & tv boost will be going to trading standards if I don't get my money back 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

problem resolved just switch Dolby to stereo seems to have worked 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That hasn't worked for me. Even turned stereo off and still out of sync. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anybody find a solution to this? My nowtv android app is a good half second out and it makes it toally unwatchable. Why do I pay for this? Support blames my internet speed however I have 60mb fibre and it also affects anything downloaded through nowtv. No other apps affected.

This needs fixing!!