cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Claire4
Mentor

App error - country

Hi,

my app wont work to play any content. Keeps stating that streaming is not permitted in this country.

i reside in uk and trying to use app in the Uk.

does it for all shows.

anyone know how to fix

thanks

claire

11 REPLIES 11
Monk
Advocate

Now tv are aware of the issue and working on a fix for the OVP_00012 ISSUE 

Claire4
Mentor

Thanks for your response.

so short of it Nowtv know there is an issue and has been for weeks and no resolution. 
i cant watch subscription I pay for when travelling. 

RoyB
Legend

@Claire4 

No, this issue only started overnight.

Not being able to watch Now when you are really out of the UK is a rather different issue:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-abroad

You can blame Brexit for this, though Now’s phrasing does very much sound like they have stopped roaming because they no longer have to allow it, rather than because the content providers now forbid it.

But you can still take some downloads with you….

https://help.nowtv.com/article/download-shows-or-movies-to-watch-offline

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Claire4
Mentor

Thanks Roy, Im only in Edinburgh not outside EU so not sure why there is still an issue.

hopefully sorted soon.

i had wondered if my app had updated while in Texas as its not worked since then.

thanks

claire

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Claire4 

See this thread from the community manager.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-News/Error-Code-OVP-00012/m-p/599247#M393

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Monk
Advocate

Lol a thread from 'a manager' that you can't reply to......how convenient 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Monk 

That’s because it’s for information purposes. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Claire4 wrote:

Thanks Roy, Im only in Edinburgh not outside EU so not sure why there is still an issue.

hopefully sorted soon.

i had wondered if my app had updated while in Texas as its not worked since then.

thanks

claire

@Claire4 

I see it’s now fixed for you.

It sounds a bit like you have had this issue for a while, and everybody else only just had it happen - if you’d reported it earlier, we would have told you the ‘usual fixes’ - turn off the router for 30 minutes, reset the app, and so on,

Never mind….

Though where you say EU above, I think you mean UK - Edinburgh is still in the UK, despite Nicola’s best efforts 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.