cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

App crashing while opening huawei p20 pro

Yesterday morning I watched half a movie fine, then I went back to watch it later in the day and now the app won't open, it keeps crashing before it gets to the home screen/login phase.
I've done a data reset and reinstalled everything and no change, I've also tried the beta testing version which does the same.
Can the support team look into this as its very frustrating not being able to use a service I'm paying for..
Cheers
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here.  I'm also using Huawei P20 Pro running Android 8.1.0

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had the same problem with my Huawei tablet but I've got it working again. Scroll down to the bottom of the apps page on the play store and opt in to the beta. The updated app works.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks MPendlebury, that worked for me too 🙂

Huawei P9 Plus here with Android 7.0 (B381 firmware).
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

Sorry for the issues you have encountered with the NOW TV app on your Android device. 

We've just released an update for the app. Please download the update and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Karl 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, still having the same issue with the Huawei M5. Opens fine. Start watching a film live or playback. Starts to load then app closes. Same happens in Beta version. Any suggestions. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to cast to chromecast after update. However able to log in now so that's a bonus, huawei p20 (not pro)
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User

Please follow the steps below if you are experiencing issues when trying to cast. 

Unable to Cast?

- Clear Data from Google Play Services

• Go to  device Settings
  • Go to Apps and Notifications
  • Find Google Play Services (NOT Google Play services for Instant Apps or Google Play Store) and open app

1) Click Force Stop (You may be required to tap OK)

2) Click Storage

3) Click Manage Space

4) Clear All Data. You should now see a pop up to Delete app data. Click OK

5) Force stop/Quit the app

6)Launch the NowTV app.

Updating Google Play Services

When opening the app, if you see a notification to Update Google Play services

• Tap update; you'll then be taken automatically  to the Google Play Services app listing in the Google Play Store. Tap update.
  • Head back to the NOW TV app and try to cast.

If you experience any issues please let me know. 

Thanks, 

Karl 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks that worked great
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is terrible advice if you have a Wear OS device as in doing this wipes all the settings and you have to set up your watch again. YouTube and Netflix work fine so it's a problem with your app. It seems barmy that I have to wipe my watch (and god knows what else) to get your app to work it's poor coding on your part and needs to be fixed. I'm canceling at the end of the month as it's not good enough.