cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

App crashing on iPad OS10.3.3

The apps being working fine up til now on my iPad running OS10.3.3 a new update to your app has been installed and now the app launches and crashes leaving me unable to watch now tv.

i have deleted and reinstalled but it always crashes - please advise!

6 REPLIES 6
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Have a read of this:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/installing-now-tv-on-ios-tablet-mobile

where it says, in a big blue box:-

iOS 9 & 10 will soon be unsupported

From 23 August, the NOW TV app will no longer support iOS 9 or 10. If your iOS device is running on 9 or 10, you'll still be able to watch for as long as the app works for you, but you won't receive any updates like new features and bug fixes.

If your device supports later iOS versions, we recommend you update to 11 or later.

I assume you have an older iPad that is ‘functionally stabilised’ on 10.3.3?

But the above suggests that the change has kicked in at least two days early, and that your iPad and the NowTV update have failed to negotiate that it shouldn’t be downloaded.

But OTOH, the App Store on my iPad suggests that the latest version, 10.14.0, was released a week ago, and would have auto-updated then. So when did you notice the failure, and do you know of a reason the update could have been delayed for you, if that is the case?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The version I had previously on my iPad was stable and find, I only noticed yesterday that there was an update I could download along with other apps, not sure how long it’s been there.

the issue is this latest version simply doesn’t work on my OS it crashes, and there seems no way for me to be able to revert back!

i appreciate new updates move forward and there are cut off points for certain OS’s but I’m now left with a version that simply does not work.

whats interesting is that for example itv player, when I download that I get a message stating that the latest version is not compatible with my OS and do I want to download the last usable version, which I do and it works fine.

at present I have no way now of watching nowtv on my iPad which was my primary viewing device! 😞

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

OK, you have been triaged.

Write to help @ nowtv.com (without the spaces) describing the issue, and referencing our dialogue, and see what they say.

As you seem to have found a bug here.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @RoyB

Sent an email as you suggested to the address above, however got an automated reply from now tv stating:

Thanks for getting in touch. However this address is no longer monitored, so your message didn’t reach us. Got a question about your NOW TV service? Browse our Help site or check out the NOW TV Community for answers.
Bye for now,
The NOW TV Team

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yes, I just got the same result as you, by immediate return. Helpful, not.

Try customerservices @ NowTV.com, losing the spaces again, as that hasn’t bounced (yet?)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

In the end I contacted live chat and spoke to someone who said they would pass it on and should be resolved soon - so for now there is nothing I can do but wait!

still not working as of 29th Aug.