cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

App crashes everytime i load

Ever since i updated to ios 14 the app will not launch. I have reinstalled it around 5 times now and its still not working. Its typical as i got a 3 month mobile subscription in a offer. Now its useless

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own any Apple products that run iOS, but a quick question does the NowTV App not run at all or when attempting to watch one of the five permitted Sky Sports channels ie Premier League, NFL (action) Arena, Racing (Horses) News it's asking you to buy a pass ?

The only reason i am asking is that the one day sports pass with the free 3 months mobile pass only was introduced on the NowTV website in the last couple of days and NowTV mentions in the T&C's that it could take 10 working days for the mobile pass to be added to your account and work with a smartphone (does the smartphone mobile pass show on your account ?).

If it's a NowTV App launching issue, then see if an IOS 14 forum member can help or see if live chat can assist you further.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No the app doesn’t launch at all. But thanks anyway

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If no Apple iOS owners on the Forum doesn't come forward with some things to try then see if NowTV live chat can offer you some assistance.

Use this link to find the green chat button.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps 

I’ve just updated to iPadOS 14.0 and the NowTV app works fine, though Apple have managed to worsen the use of the onscreen keyboard.

But I see that you are having the issue on an iPhone.

So in case this was different, I just borrowed an iPhone (an iPhone 6 - I don’t know which model you have), updated it to iOS 14.0, installed NowTV, and tried it; it works fine here.

So the issue is not generic; that may be little comfort to you, I know (though it may be to others thinking of updating iOS to version 14), but take @schnapps’ advice to contact NowTV, and see what they suggest.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.