cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

App Audio Description

How do I turn it off??? It’s suddenly on every film I try to watch (movies pass) clearly some kind of fault as it comes and goes, wording incorrect & out of sync. Anyone else finding this issue??? Have got the latest version, have re installed app & I can’t get rid of it - so distracting :-((

6 REPLIES 6
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Welcome to the community. Is this on iOS? Another user managed to turn this off by going into the accessibility settings and (even though the setting for captions is probably turned off already) turning the caption setting on and then off again. Might be worth playing around with the setting to see if it works for you. More info here

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202774

If it's on a different device try playing around with any accessibility caption options in the settings to see if you get a similar result.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks will give this a shot 🤞🏻

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy, this definitely worked for me. On an IOS device, go to Settings>General>Accessibility, then turn the closed captions on then off again.

Brilliant to know, for years I’ve wanted to be able to use subtitles with American shows on Now tv then all of a sudden today subtitles appear! Thanks Now TV 👍🏼

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers. Same for me. Did this. Gone now. Ta me gone now. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

MG you are ###### troglaite!!! AD is the only way my husband can enjoy TV nowadays! Stop bitching about the fact that you can see every nuance AND it is given to you through the service. If you don't like it turn it off on you TV! Oh, but wait, that would mean that you actually have to have a brain and some intelligence to do that! It is because of people like you that my OH can't enjoy most programmes as he has no idea what is going on! Bigot overload!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

🤣🤣🤣 mate take a chill pill!