cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Android app signing out.

Hey,

I sign into the NowTV app on my android device and click 'Play' and then it comes up with the message 

"You have been signed out. Please sign in again". 

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app several times but it's not been working for the last 4 months - total waste of money so far 😕

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having exactly the same issue, can't find a fix and the live help is a waste of time. Anybody know how to tag the nowtv team so they actually read this? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same issue on a lenovo 4 plus 10 running android 7.1.1

So far I have uninstalled/reinstalled. Factory reset, moved app storage from sd card to internal and back. Looked to sign up for beta trial but it is full, and just to confirm lenovo haven't done anything daft, checked to make sure device isn't rooted.

Still get account saying I'm signed out every time i press play on a show. 

From reading the forums, this seems to have been an issue for over a year, and Sky seemingly doing nothing to resolve. 

Next step legal class action or something under consumer rights act? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here on my Galaxy tablet. Tried everything I can think of but still getting the "You've been signed out. Please Sign in again." it's driving me mad! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same issue on my galaxy tab A. Was working fine for a few days in April but then stopped working. I've tried everything and nothing has worked. I'm going to cancel my subscription as don't see the point in paying for something that is not working. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is obviously a common problem with the app that's been going on for years. 

Hugely disappointed at the dreadful customer service given the quality of the programmes. I was on for over an hour doing the usual reboots which were useless. They clearly didn't know how to fix the problem and then said "we'll get someone to email you". 

No point paying for something that won't work so will have to cancel.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive started getting the same issue on my Samsung tab a, I only have now tv to watch on the go. No help to found on the forums, I've deleted all data from my tablet uninstalled the the app and reinstalled it to no avail, come on sky sort out you products. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a Lenovo Tab 4 10 plus running Android 7.1.1. To resolve this issue I had to factory reset device using the hard reset option. Re-installed NowTV app, and now playback restored. Hard reset option accessed from powered off state by holding both power and volume-up button till menu comes up. Detailed at URL  https://www.hardreset.info/devices/lenovo/lenovo-tab-4-10-wi-fi/hardreset-first-method

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately the hard reset only works for a short period! Must a bug in the app with Android v7.1.1. Unfortunately my Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus has no future android update. So NOWTV app useless on it. Be nice if Sky NowTV can sort the app issue out on Android 7.1.1

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a Lenovo Tab 4 10 running Android 7.1.1. To resolve this issue I had to factory reset device using the hard reset option. Re-installed NowTV app, and now playback restored. Hard reset option accessed from powered off state by holding both power and volume-up button till menu comes up. Detailed at URL  https://www.hardreset.info/devices/lenovo/lenovo-tab-4-10-wi-fi/hardreset-first-method