cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Android app signing out.

When using the Android app I can log in then as soon as I click to watch a program it says you have been signed out and asks me to sign in again. And if i sign in again it logs me out again ......I have uninstalled the app and reiinstalled it and also tried the beta version and still the same thing happens. Any ideas ???
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the exact same thing!!  I am trying to watch on a fairly new Lenovo Tab4 but everytime I try to watch a program it tries to sign me out!!  I have tried uninstalling,  updating & changing user name to no avail.  One thing I have noticed is that if I don't close the app completely I am automatically signed out if I try again & again! ! Even baffled the live talk guys & one abandoned me completely, still waiting to hear by email. 

My husband has a different type of tablet but he has no problems.  Nowtv have given me 4 extra additions but that doesn't help if I can't get it to work! 

Thank goodness it's not just Me!! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Me too. Used to work fine but now keeps signing out and asking me to sign in again...for ever. Fine on my two boxes and android phone but no joy on the Lenovo tab. Done all the usual things but nothing seems to make any difference.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same device and problem

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The same has started to happen with me. I have an android Samsung tab A with no issues in the past. However, in the last few days the app has started to log me out anytime I try to watch anything. I've uninstalled the app several times, restarted sets and the same issue continues. Works fine on my other devices. Has this been resolved yet and if so how? Otherwise should I be contacting support?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, forgot to ask if anyone tried the following...

Remove the device in the my account settings

Uninstall now tv

Restart the device

Re install app from play store

Log in and re add the device either from the device or a secondary device (like a mobile, laptop, website etc)

And then try?

I would have tried it the above steps but apparently you can only make one change a month and I already had done that last week 😐

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also trying to sign in and watch on my mobile (moto G5s). I'm getting signed in ok but as soon as I try to watch anything I'm getting the message that I've been signed out.

uninstalled the nowtv app, rebooted handset and then re-installed app.

I've attempted to use the app on both my wifi connection and my mobile data connection, both methods allow me to sign in without issue however both methods result in a sign out as soon as i try to watch something.

Checked my devices and I only have 1 used device and have available devices.

There's definitely something wrong with the nowtv app since it was updated as it randomly stops recognising my username /password/ existing passes.

I bought a 20Gb data package to let me watch now tv on the train home, so really disappointed in the temperamental behaviour of this app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just had this start happening today whhyyyyyyyy I just want to watch big little lies on my phone while kids hog tv lol
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There appears to be a bug in the NowTV device registration process with Android Nougat 7.1.1 devices. If you experience 'you have been signed out' error when trying to play content, see if your device is actually appearing on your account (my devices). If not, there's the issue! I reported it today to the chat support people, and they said they'd report it to Tech support, but judging by previous chat interactions, no one gets any further contact from Now TV support. I will be pestering [email removed help_at_nowtv_dot_com] if so don't hear from them in couple of weeks.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Case refs 06632498 and 06632217 have been supposedly passed onto the 2nd level support team, but not heard a thing from them.