cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saint1976
Elite 3

Android app no sound on sport

Working away for the weekend and strangely have no sound on any of the Sports channels, yesterday or today.

Entertainment and Movies are fine.

Tried the usual, delete and reinstall, on wi-fi and mobile data but still no sound!

Anyone else having issues?

Oneplus 7t Android 11

5 REPLIES 5
stvlsc
Advocate

Same here on an android device, both entertainment & movies are working fine but absolutely no sound on sports. 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@stvlsc watching Now at home on my Roku and all is fine. Checked my mobile and again no sound. 

The strange thing I have (and you may be experiencing) is that the sound plays when adverts are on but cuts out when it returns to the football or studio.

Tals
Advocate

I have this issue pixel 6 pro, Android 13

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling app. Tried also clearing the cache. It seems to be specific to live sports, ie if I have the issue I can play entertainment and no issue. I only watch f1 no idea on other sports.

Luckily if you close the app (swipe the app closed) and then start usually it works and if it doesn't rinse and repeat and it will work. Just very irritating.

It could be linked to Bluetooth audio as I always listen with Bluetooth. Would appreciate an official response on this issue

RoyB
Legend

@Tals 

Not something we fellow-customers can give you, alas.

Best to contact Now support:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

From here, you can contact Now via Live Chat.

Avoid ‘Get Help Quickly’ if you have come to this screen. This leads to the Nowbot, an AI bot that would assist you in navigating the Help very nicely; but if you are here, you have already gone beyond that.

Rather than chat to Now, though, you might prefer to email them, which you can do to

customerservices@ nowtv.com

(omit the space, needed here as the Community software ‘eats’ properly formed email addresses).

Some problems, like this one raised by you perhaps, can be better expressed in an email, and you get an audit trail too; but it’s up to you.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've found it a particular issue with the football channels. By changing channel to say, F1 gives the audio, then switch back to the football and the audio returns. Just had to do this for the Palace-Leeds match.