cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Android app crashing

Came to watch the F1 qualifying on my android device and received a message on screen that this is now only possible through the app. Have downloaded the app but when I sign in and try to launch the channel it does the autorotate and looks like it's going to start and then the app instantly crashes and restarts, ad infinitum. Very annoying given that you've removed the option just to watch through the chrome browser! Is there any fix for this? I'm using Android 10, everything up to date.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just fixed this. 

My android phone has a display refresh rate of 60hz or 90hz and is normally set to 'auto' to select which it thinks is best. I've changed the setting to '90hz' and it's now working fine.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Don't know if there is anything in this NOW article linked below.

I don't use any of my Android devices to watch NOW on them (more old school and can only watch sports on a television screen).

Also i would try a full power down on your phone and at the same time maybe give your Router a reboot at the same time.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/install-now-app-on-android-smartphone-tablet 

Apart from that get in touch with NOW live chat for further assistance & help.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks schnapps, have tried those things but will try the live chat, thanks for the suggestion.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Also forgot to mention if you are using a VPN on your Android mobile device or Router then see if disabling it makes any difference.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just fixed this. 

My android phone has a display refresh rate of 60hz or 90hz and is normally set to 'auto' to select which it thinks is best. I've changed the setting to '90hz' and it's now working fine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this issue too.  The app crashes and restarts on starting viewing several times and then I can view content.  I am running a new OnePlus 9 pro with a variable 120 to 1 hz screen refresh rate.  I switched the variable rate off and set it to 60hz (the only other option) but the problem hasn't gone away.  Has anyone got any further ideas?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Might sound obvious, but I don't own an adroid phone. Have you tried to delete the app and reinstall it?

Have you tried watching using your mobile data?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes, I reinstalled from fresh. Also changed phone screen to 60hz and rebooted but this didn't work either.
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User if you have enough device swaps left, try deleting the device from your account

Manage account>manage devices

and then add it back by trying to watch content. It may be that the device hasn't registered properly.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same thing, same phone! Hopefully something gets sorted soon.