cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Android TV App?

How comes there's no Android TV app? I saw some staff saying you can use Google Cast but Apple users can use AirPlay yet they still get an app. Also NowTV casting doesn't work with the Nvidia Shield TV. 

Cancelled my sub until we get one, find it silly to have to hook up my 3 year old AppleTV to get a native app. I don't get it when companies do so much to stop you from watching the content you want on the device you want, come on, you have a Windows Store app, for the 2 people that actually use that store... People who pirate never seem to have these problems...

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes same here what a pile of poo
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  there are plenty of devices you can use.  The only TVs with Now included on them are the LG Smart ones.     Of course you may not enjoy all the content available on Now.  Let's face it,  no matter what TV package we have there are always  times when "there is nothing on".   Check out the live channels Now has, you can see what is going to be on them by looking on the Sky website.   You might find stuff you actually fancy watching.  If you think £6.99 is a bit high you often see boxes with passes on Amazon, in Argos or Tesco which work out cheaper than that.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Instead of telling people to use another device, I would tell them to use another service.

As soon as my 6 month pass expires I am going to Netflix, at least they have their app on Android TV devices, and Amazon Fire TV devices, and Youview devices.  All of which don't have a woking solution for watching the entertainment pack that I pay NowTV for.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  Netflix makes a good addition to this service.  As does Amazon.  Gives a good range of content and as you will be aware all three are portable. All three have content that you cannot get on the others.  

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I agree with @4268 about using a mix of services - I also use Netflix and Amazon.

For primary viewing I use a Roku HDMI Streaming Stick which gives me all the options - it's not as powerful as NowTV black or smart box but a few seconds longer to load isn't life threatening.